Sign in to follow this  
mrcaveman

All rubber gone on 2004, had to load FX, need help

Well here goes. I actually purchased FSX in 07 but never had a computer fast enough to load it on. I just finished building one that won't be the fastest but should work. Win XP, "CPU E8500, with a 4850 card" So now I loaded it up about a hour ago and went right to microsoft support to look for any up dates. Man I've been gone to long. Service pack 1 & 2. Looks like I should install 1, but not sure about 2. No DX10 or muilti play. I downloaded 1 but not 2. Have not installed either. Had to take a short flight to check it out. Please chime in and give advise. Thanks guys.

Guest JimC1702

No real reason not to install SP2, unless you want to try and use FS9 planes in FSX. It will cause issues with some of them. Jim

Guest wintercon

As the previous poster,it would be good to have both sp1 and sp2 installed unless you want to import old fs9 aircrafts as stated.SP2 adds a bit more functions in the graphics option.just keep in mind to keep the traffic,cars,boats low as they will impact your performance to a great bit. there is a post as of how to setup the settings for FSX so you will get the most of your product.Also make sure you have vertical sync turned on and you run FSX on your display settings.Do not activate DX10 unless you really have a good graphics card such a GTX280 or a ATI equivalent.Good luck and happy simming.