Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX355

FS9 crash

Guest CX355

Any help to resolve this never before seen problem....what is it?Vincent

Guest belga1

Hello,This DLL is part of Windows OSCheck ifyou have it in your root folder of Windows and also check if you have it located in the Win32 subfolder of the Windows folder.If not in one of the location .. copy - paste and check FS2004 again.Maybe your DLL is also corrupted.Must be possible to download a remplacement DLL but be sure of the version you need ....NOTA:It's also in the FS9 root folder a gdiplus.dll (note the small difference "i" !!)And I see (when your capture was magnified) it's this DLL cause problem and not GDPLUS.DLL as in your post tittle !!I suggest you to make a advanced Google search with the word gdiplus.dllRegards.bye.gif

Guest CX355

Thank you very much for your fast reply, typo, on the "i" I did locate the DLL in FS9 so not sure where the problem lies. FS9 does not crash everytime, only seems to when I load 3rd party acrft in KMIA...strange...again thank you....VB

Any .dll file should be seen as a kind of sub routine which is called by the main program (in this case your Flight Simulator) to perform a specific task after which control is passed back again to Flight Simulator, which can then continue. However, these .dll files can only perform their task(s) when they are supplied with correct data in the correct syntax, by the calling program (FS). If there is any kind of error in this data the .dll will choke in it resulting in an error message naming the .dll itself as the culprit, which is almost never the case.These types of errors are therefore very difficult to find and are almost always caused by problems within (3rd party) aircraft, panels, sceneries, etc.Good luckHans

Hi Guys,Using PMDG MD11/FS9 and x-tremely happy with it.Few days ago, purchased Aerosoft Mega Airport Paris scenery.Arrival in Paris CDG is quite perfect and the same applies with other Aerosoft or Fly Tampa sceneries, departure and arrival just fine.NOW, when departing from Paris CDG at any stand, everything is fine during FMS programmation until you depress SID push button, RESULT FS9 crashes immediately with black screen.Happens at any attempt, no matter when or having removed and reinstalled FS9, Mega Paris, etc.I have reported this to Aerosoft and no suggestion for the time except advising me to contact PMDG. !!Kind regards,TSC644

Trouble, in my case, came from OVERLOAD of SID's used on LFPG Mega Airport 2008 (hell of a lot)Read a post on a different forum related to this issue and deleted almost 50% of Navigraph Airac 0903 SID's issued for this airport and IT WORKED.Now, HOW many SID's to be deleted to meet PMDG MD11 tolerance is an other story and it's up to PMDG team to check it, but at least, I can use this scenery with no more FS9 crash upon SID set up.Regards,TSC644 icon13.gif