Sign in to follow this  
Guest navyman

ZFW Problem

Guest navyman

Hi All,I've just started flying the Ifly 747-400. When programming the FMC what ZFW should I use and what are the units to be used i.e. kilograms or pounds.I have merged also the Project Opensky 747 series 4 can anyone tell the ZFW of that aircraft.Many Thanksnavyman

Hi All,I've just started flying the Ifly 747-400. When programming the FMC what ZFW should I use and what are the units to be used i.e. kilograms or pounds.I have merged also the Project Opensky 747 series 4 can anyone tell the ZFW of that aircraft.Many Thanksnavyman
Navyman,regarding FMC, I usually insert only GW and ZFW is automatically calculated based on payload and fuel inserted.Regarding units, I believe it can be set-up in initial FMC set-up screen (unit used U.S. or European), but not sure now, I need to check.I have also one question for you, you mentioned you use the POSKY 744 model, is the flight performance OK ? (especially during turns it is waving in my set-up). Have you done any change in aircraft.cfg ?many thanksregardsJM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Guest navyman
Navyman,regarding FMC, I usually insert only GW and ZFW is automatically calculated based on payload and fuel inserted.Regarding units, I believe it can be set-up in initial FMC set-up screen (unit used U.S. or European), but not sure now, I need to check.I have also one question for you, you mentioned you use the POSKY 744 model, is the flight performance OK ? (especially during turns it is waving in my set-up). Have you done any change in aircraft.cfg ?many thanksregardsJM
Hi JM,Many thanks for your info. I will give that a try.Regarding POSKY, I find the flight performance better than the iFly model. I have not found any problem withturns.I used the "Merge" procedure as published on the POSKY forum.Let me know if I can help further.RegardsNavyman

Hi JM,Many thanks for your info. I will give that a try.Regarding POSKY, I find the flight performance better than the iFly model. I have not found any problem withturns.I used the "Merge" procedure as published on the POSKY forum.Let me know if I can help further.RegardsNavyman
Hi Navymanyes, I used the merge recommendation from Posky also.However, but performance is not good. Could you try for me in your set-up the fly where you are somewhere above 20000ft. You set-up descent (cca 2500 ft per s) and normal speed around 280-300 and turn. In the second phase of turning the plane sort of shaking and if you view wing you see ailerons very quickly shaking up and down.If this work well with you I will try to re-install again and will seemany thanksregards !JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Guest navyman
Hi Navymanyes, I used the merge recommendation from Posky also.However, but performance is not good. Could you try for me in your set-up the fly where you are somewhere above 20000ft. You set-up descent (cca 2500 ft per s) and normal speed around 280-300 and turn. In the second phase of turning the plane sort of shaking and if you view wing you see ailerons very quickly shaking up and down.If this work well with you I will try to re-install again and will seemany thanksregards !JM
Hi JM,Well I set up the flight and found the same problem as you. I had'nt noticed it before but I have'nt made that many flights using the POSKY bird. I'll see if its a problem on a normal decent and maybe only maybe revert to the iFly model.Regardsnavyman

Hi JM,Well I set up the flight and found the same problem as you. I had'nt noticed it before but I have'nt made that many flights using the POSKY bird. I'll see if its a problem on a normal decent and maybe only maybe revert to the iFly model.Regardsnavyman
Yes, the pitty is that Posky model is really nice and detailed so this combination would be great.I will try to play little bit with parameters in aircraft.cfg, but it looks the performance of this combination is not ideal.regardsJM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Guest Major Pilot
Navyman,I am fully aware of the aileron issue, it is not an issue with the posky plane and not consistent. When I made the merge that was one issue I couldn't fix. It is caused by I think a few issues:a ) The ifly ailerons may be set to move at a max of so many degrees per second where as the POSKY planes are not coded that wayb ) the autopilot actually commands that in both aircraft but only the posky shows it because the ailerons can move instantly because the autopilot commands the ailerons using the (K:AXIS_AILERON_SET) key variable.I would love to take a look at the ifly source code but I doubt they send it to anyone which is a shame because I would love to improve it a bit.Regarding the ZFW and GW issue, I have gotten the aircraft up to 990.0GW I forget how but it is possible, it has been a while since I used the ifly panel. I will work on it today sometime.