Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ice9ine

Radar Contact Cant Respond

Guest Ice9ine

Hello everyone,Firstly thanks everyone who is able to help here.I am totally new to RC4, in fact only purchased it today via download, and I am generally a novice when it comes to FSX.Anyway I seem to get RC4 to start working fine. I ennter load my flight plan and everything seems fine at first. I can respond by pressing 1,2,7 etc or whatever is required when prompted. My problem is occuring almost only a minute after takeoff when I am requested by ATC to press 1 to change frequency or acknowledge im leaving the airspace or similar. (Sorry my terminology is very unhelpful im far from a pro at this stage lol).The ATC man keeps telling me to respond yet by pressing 1 (or any other number) nothing happens...and he keeps requesting me to.Ive tried RC4 with PMDG 747-400 and also default aircraft and i have the same problem.Any help would be appreciated. Here are some specs if it helps.FSX and Acceleration. PMDG 747-400 installed and RC4. Athlon 6000+, XP, 4gig ram, 8800 GTS.I have FSUIPC4 installed, yet noticed I need to run FSX as admin for full functionality..and guess who has forgotten their password to log in as admin...yep me. Not sure if thats the issue or not. If it is is there anyway of retreiving my password for admin login?BTW i am genuine..nothing dodgy going on here.Thanks in advance.Dave.

Hello everyone,Firstly thanks everyone who is able to help here.I am totally new to RC4, in fact only purchased it today via download, and I am generally a novice when it comes to FSX.Anyway I seem to get RC4 to start working fine. I ennter load my flight plan and everything seems fine at first. I can respond by pressing 1,2,7 etc or whatever is required when prompted. My problem is occuring almost only a minute after takeoff when I am requested by ATC to press 1 to change frequency or acknowledge im leaving the airspace or similar. (Sorry my terminology is very unhelpful im far from a pro at this stage lol).The ATC man keeps telling me to respond yet by pressing 1 (or any other number) nothing happens...and he keeps requesting me to.Ive tried RC4 with PMDG 747-400 and also default aircraft and i have the same problem.Any help would be appreciated. Here are some specs if it helps.FSX and Acceleration. PMDG 747-400 installed and RC4. Athlon 6000+, XP, 4gig ram, 8800 GTS.I have FSUIPC4 installed, yet noticed I need to run FSX as admin for full functionality..and guess who has forgotten their password to log in as admin...yep me. Not sure if thats the issue or not. If it is is there anyway of retreiving my password for admin login?BTW i am genuine..nothing dodgy going on here.Thanks in advance.Dave.
what version of fsuipc?does fs have focus when you press the key?what other add ons are you running? anything else that might be using the "1" key? redefine the rc key to ctrl-shift-1are you running rc as administrator, in vista?have you pressed 1 before leading up to the point where it stops working?are you running kaspersky antivirus?if all else fails, create a .log (instructions are pinned to the top of the forum), and send me the .logdo you have auto-tune on contact checked on the rc options screen?jd

Guest Ice9ine
what version of fsuipc?does fs have focus when you press the key?what other add ons are you running? anything else that might be using the "1" key? redefine the rc key to ctrl-shift-1are you running rc as administrator, in vista?have you pressed 1 before leading up to the point where it stops working?are you running kaspersky antivirus?if all else fails, create a .log (instructions are pinned to the top of the forum), and send me the .logdo you have auto-tune on contact checked on the rc options screen?jd
Thanks JD for your quick response.FSUIPC 4.50 unregistered ( I have genuinlely forgotten my password)ADDONS: Accelerator, FDC Live Cockpit (Im not running this with RC4 as yet) and FC4 of course.Not running Vista...im running XPYes the (1) key worked while preparing for takeoff and getting clearance to take offNOT running Kaspersky anti virus...turn mine off also** I HAVE ATTACHED A SCREEN SHOT OF MY SETTINGS**Thanks again and i hope my answer help in some way.Dave.

Thanks JD for your quick response.FSUIPC 4.50 unregistered ( I have genuinlely forgotten my password)ADDONS: Accelerator, FDC Live Cockpit (Im not running this with RC4 as yet) and FC4 of course.Not running Vista...im running XPYes the (1) key worked while preparing for takeoff and getting clearance to take offNOT running Kaspersky anti virus...turn mine off also** I HAVE ATTACHED A SCREEN SHOT OF MY SETTINGS**Thanks again and i hope my answer help in some way.Dave.
make a log, duplicate the problem, and send it to me. you might disable FDC, and see if the problem goes away.