Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HANSVDW

ASX/ASA or REX,what to install first?

hey all!sorry this topic might be already covered elsewhere,I did a fresh install on my new machine :( FSX+Accel(sp2) installedORBX sceneries installed :( defragmentation O&O performedsince i already had ASX, I have the add-on package ASAI had this question which program I better install first;REX and then ASX,and the ASA package, or vice versa?any help appreciated!Thanks a lot ,Hans (KLM480 IVAO)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If it's just a matter of installing, it makes no difference, However, you need to run REX first to set the textures that ASA will use to depict the weather.Vic

hey Vic,Thanks for your prompt reply,much appreciated!Sorry but a second question pops in here;Does it makes a difference that ASX/ASA and REX are installed on a different drive then FSX?e.g. FSX installed on a K/ drive and ASX/ASA + REX on a C/ drive?The reason being, that i have a quad-core PC with different drives, and try to get the best performances out of it.But it seems to me that sometimes FSX/videocards have problems to retrieve its data from the weather machine.I thought it might be because i installed the ASX/ASA on a different drive...Anyhow thanks for your help!Hans(Brugge,Belgium)

hey Vic,Thanks for your prompt reply,much appreciated!Sorry but a second question pops in here;Does it makes a difference that ASX/ASA and REX are installed on a different drive then FSX?e.g. FSX installed on a K/ drive and ASX/ASA + REX on a C/ drive?The reason being, that i have a quad-core PC with different drives, and try to get the best performances out of it.But it seems to me that sometimes FSX/videocards have problems to retrieve its data from the weather machine.I thought it might be because i installed the ASX/ASA on a different drive...Anyhow thanks for your help!Hans(Brugge,Belgium)
Not at all Hans - I have FSX on my F: drive, my OS (XP64) on my C: drive and flight programs like ASA, FEX, REX, UTX, GEX etc on me E: drive. No problems at all.Vic

Not at all Hans - I have FSX on my F: drive, my OS (XP64) on my C: drive and flight programs like ASA, FEX, REX, UTX, GEX etc on me E: drive. No problems at all.Vic
hey vic,thx for support,now the real work (installing the whole bunch) :( Hans, Brugge BELGIUM

hey vic,thx for support,now the real work (installing the whole bunch) :( Hans, Brugge BELGIUM
LOL! Don't I know it - glad to help.Enjoy!