Sign in to follow this  

Adding static aircraft

Is there a (simple) way (maybe an addon) to add static aircraft to airfields? Raising the AI has a bad effect on fps and I simply want more planes at the airports...

Is there a (simple) way (maybe an addon) to add static aircraft to airfields? Raising the AI has a bad effect on fps and I simply want more planes at the airports...
Hello, Just create a simple flightplan which has the AC departing and landing at your desired airfield one day a week, usually very early in the AM. The AC will then sit idle the rest of the time. You can even assign it a designated parking spot if your wish. You'll need either Traffic Tools or another flightplan creator to compile the flightplans and an airport editor (I highly recommend the excellent Airport Design Editor) to set up the designated reserved parking. The other option if you have the deluxe version is to use the static AC provided in the SDK and place them with an object placer program, such as Whisplacer or the native Object Placement tool. Hope it helps.

Regards, Kendall

I have been using Instant Scenery to place some static planes, but the only problem is that there aren't a lot to choose from in the library. I wish someone would produce a library of some more static private jets, biz jets, some static military, and some static airline/cargo that we could use. The default library only has a few prop planes, a few F-18's, and some large jets with no markings. I think that there is a library here on Avsim that FlyTampa has provided with some static airlines, but I haven't tried it yet. The stuff I am mostly looking for is the static stuff I described above.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator