Sign in to follow this  
toriu

Reinstall Help

I've just had to do a complete recovery on my computer and am now ready to install FSX Deluxe,Acceleration,Proflight Emulator Deluxe,FDC Live Cockpit, Ultimate Terrain X USA, Ultimate Terrain X Europe, and FSGenesis USA. I note on the box 15GB free hard drive space is required for both FSX and Acceleration, that's 30GB for the two. Free space at the moment is DATA (D:) 106 GB, HDD (C:) 20.1 GB. My question is, as the default hard drive for FSX is C, can I install to D without any bad effects? Any help will be most appreciated.RayLondonUK

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

The only thing not putting FS on the default location will do, is compel you to manually navigate to the folder very occasionally when installing stuff that does not find the location by default.Beyond that very minor difference, as long as the data transfer rate for your other drive is sufficiently quick (which it probably will be), then there'll be no problems, I've had both FS9 and FSX installed on other drives, including external USB drives with no issues at all. In fact you might even find doing it advantageous, since you'll be able to format your operating system drive in the future and not have to reinstall all your FS stuff!Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Al, an external USB drive sounds like a good idea. Please can you recommend a good fast one?RayLondonUK.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I wouldn't presume to be well up enough on the latest hardware to recommend something, but I can tell you that I used this one to install FS on and it was fine:http://www.ciao.co.uk/LaCie_Hard_Drive_Des...250_GB__5404530I didn't buy it from that place incidentally, I got it cheap from Morgan Computers, which since you are in the UK and they have numerous stores, you might want to check out.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here