Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jordanal

ASA (FSX) and Radar Contact Issues

Hi Jim et al,I had a chance to run b394 several times over the past few days, in conjunction with all my other addon-apps on my wideclient. Until proven otherwise, I am now of the opinion the ASA DWC mode is probably incompatible with Radar Contact (RC). When using DWC mode, RC still stalls and delays responses begining in the approach corridor, about 80nm out from the arrival airport; and gets worse as the approach continues. It's as if RC gets thrown into calculation-loops because (my theory) only the global weather is set by DWC and perhaps RC needs local station data for its arrival calculations.It is my undertanding from years of using RC, that it is about this time in the approach, that the RC code begins looking at the arrival weather and AI to determine which direction (near-side or far-side) RC will be active. This is also about the time when RC determins at what altitude your aircraft will cross the 40nm fix, which also gets confused when DWC is active.When I disable DWC and rely soley on FSUIPC (reg'd) smoothing, I get no such delay in RC responses or performance, so at this point I beleive the use of DWC conflicts with the arrival portion of the RC code. I think you'll have to work directly with JD over in the Radar Contact forum to see if there are any solutions to the DWC side of the problem.Regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Al and anyone else,Thanks for the report and I'll post this on the proper pages in order for the team to look into it.Thanks,