Sign in to follow this  
Allan Burek

Wind Anomolies Seen in ASA-394

Hello HiFi Sim Team,On a long haul flight over the Pacific (RJBB to KMEM) in the PMDG MD-11, I observed some interesting events concerning winds. First off, for a\bout 65-75 percent of my flight, the winds aloft from FL310-370 were dead on accurate, cross checked with wind data from a separate flight planner that uses real world data. When this accurate data was being reflected, there was no evidence of S-turns. However, at any given moment, there was occasions that the wind would shift from, for example, 260/105 to 330/37, as displayed on the PFD. At that time the S-turns would start again. This would happen on and off throughout the flight, over land or not. The shifts that caused the s-turns to begin would always be somewhere around 290-330 degrees and usually around 33-38 kts, although whatever they read, it was steady, no deviations in speed or direction. After a few minutes, the winds would go back to the accurate data, and all was normal again. To aid in the troubleshooting process, I looked at the winds that FS called out (using shift+z) when the winds were shifted back to the 30-40 kt range and they were showing much higher speed. When the winds were accurate againsts real world winds aloft, all data (PFD/Shift+z) was accurate. My computer setup is in my signature. My ASA settings are as described in the readme for the BETA SP thread. Flight plan processed in ASADWC onForce destination offFSX.cfg edited per stickyno weather settings in FSUIPCAll programs being run on one computerFSInn in use (weather settings off, although disconnecting FSInn made no difference)I hope this proves to be useful, and thanks for all the hard work.

Hi,Thanks for the report. I will add this thread for the development team.Thanks,