Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kleineMax

Not displayed Aircraft Textures (Dx10)

Hello,as everybody knows many aircraft textures do thisappear when you switch the FSX to Dx10. There is also a solution for this, the "Addon Converter X" solves it (does the converting on the fly while you play).But maybe i can save my money and do the converting by my self, so also the converting while play falls away.But is this possible or does "just" converting the textures not solve the problem? Because with the ImageTool.exe from the SDK i didnt saw diffrences between a .bmp that works with dx10 and one .bmp that works not. So if you have some ideas out there, please help.RegardsMax

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,as everybody knows many aircraft textures do thisappear when you switch the FSX to Dx10. There is also a solution for this, the "Addon Converter X" solves it (does the converting on the fly while you play).But maybe i can save my money and do the converting by my self, so also the converting while play falls away.But is this possible or does "just" converting the textures not solve the problem? Because with the ImageTool.exe from the SDK i didnt saw diffrences between a .bmp that works with dx10 and one .bmp that works not. So if you have some ideas out there, please help.RegardsMax
It will only work on certain planes and not on quit a lot... I was tinkering with it myself manually and noticed changing the textures worked for some but not for others. To be honest I believe nobody really knows. Did quite some searching but found many contradicting answers. The tool does, for all I know, exactly the same. A bit of a dubious product IMO.