Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Installation for both Fs-9 & Fs-X

evening everyone,I installed RC 4.3 on my new rig. (OS is Windows Vista ultimate 64bit)When reading the pinned posts at the top of the forum, I can use RC4.3 for both fs-9 and Fs-X.I followed directions mentioned in one of the toppics.But now I have one (probably very stupid) question.Making a copy of my RC-directory (activated) makes that I have to reapply for a new registrationkeywhen I start from this copied directory.Did I do something wrong or is this normal?thanksLuc BrusselmansBelgium

evening everyone,I installed RC 4.3 on my new rig. (OS is Windows Vista ultimate 64bit)When reading the pinned posts at the top of the forum, I can use RC4.3 for both fs-9 and Fs-X.I followed directions mentioned in one of the toppics.But now I have one (probably very stupid) question.Making a copy of my RC-directory (activated) makes that I have to reapply for a new registrationkeywhen I start from this copied directory.Did I do something wrong or is this normal?thanksLuc BrusselmansBelgium
if you installed 4.3 correctly, you will have two directories. \rcv4 and \rcv4xyou run the rcv4.exe from the rcv4 directory for fs9, and if you need a key for it, you will enter the key in the registration screen that appears when you run rcv4.exe for the first time.you run the rcv4.exe from the rcv4x directory for fsx, and if you need a key for it, you will enter the key in the registration screen that appears when your run it the first time.once each "directory" is registered, you won't need to do it againjd

if you installed 4.3 correctly, you will have two directories. \rcv4 and \rcv4xyou run the rcv4.exe from the rcv4 directory for fs9, and if you need a key for it, you will enter the key in the registration screen that appears when you run rcv4.exe for the first time.you run the rcv4.exe from the rcv4x directory for fsx, and if you need a key for it, you will enter the key in the registration screen that appears when your run it the first time.once each "directory" is registered, you won't need to do it againjd
Thanks Jd,I have indeed two directories. Be it by making a copy because I still have the original version 4.0 cd. Installing from that cd does not give me a choice of installing for both sims.But that doesn't matter, both directories (so both versions) run fine so I will apply for another (second) registrationkey in a few hours.Can't wait to see version 5 on my shelf...Luc BrusselmansBelgium