Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cliffie1931

Will I be given STAR instructions?

I'm having problems identifying the appropriate STAR at destination airports and wondering whether, if I install "RADAR Contact", I'll be given instructions to appraoch and land with the correct STAR. As I'm a "newie" to ATC I'd appreciate guidance.Cliff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm having problems identifying the appropriate STAR at destination airports and wondering whether, if I install "RADAR Contact", I'll be given instructions to appraoch and land with the correct STAR.
No. RC will vector you to the runway regardless of the STAR. In order to fly the STAR you have to required an IAP approach, but your last en route waypoint must be within 30 Nm from the destination. Personally I use to "build" the route (I use FSNavigator) and add all the waypoints of the STAR until 30 Nm. From that moment, porvided you choose IAP approach, you'll be on your own.Cheers

I'm having problems identifying the appropriate STAR at destination airports and wondering whether, if I install "RADAR Contact", I'll be given instructions to appraoch and land with the correct STAR. As I'm a "newie" to ATC I'd appreciate guidance.Cliff
is a "newie" the same as a "newbie" :-)i think you will be best served to read the manual, www.jdtllc.com/rcv43/rcv43.pdf, and to read the tutorials, and to fly them as you read the tutorials again. you'll be much happier in the end.jd

No. RC will vector you to the runway regardless of the STAR. In order to fly the STAR you have to required an IAP approach, but your last en route waypoint must be within 30 Nm from the destination. Personally I use to "build" the route (I use FSNavigator) and add all the waypoints of the STAR until 30 Nm. From that moment, porvided you choose IAP approach, you'll be on your own.Cheers
My thanks to you both!Cliff