Sign in to follow this  
Guest allanw

PMDG 747 FSX issue

Guest allanw

Hello PMDGI am having an issue with my PMDG 747 (FSX Version) where after an hour or two or flying my PFD and ND stop responding (does not happen every flight but maybe 75% of the time) and display a static image on them until I try to switch the position of the displays and they then go completely blank. I had emailed your support team and was given a new installer to try out and asked to let you know if the problem continues. I have been trying to do this via email but have not received any reply (have been emailing periodically since near to the start of the year). I am not trying to say you are not answering me it's probably a case of my emails never reaching you but I would appreciate it someone could please get in contact with me through the forums instead to help resolve the issue I am having.ThanksAllan Wright

Allan, you should get an automated response to any email msg you send to pmdg support. No auto response = they didn't get it. Some find it necessary to use something like gmail.Frozen VC views are pretty common in FSX (it is a MSFS quirk) caused by changing focus such as opening a top down view. Return focus by clicking in the windshield then pressing A then Shift+A is my technique.Screens going dark is a different problem. If this occurs after a minute or so, then it is usually a validation problem. But to have them go dark after an hour or two is a new problem I've not seen or read out. Is the loss of display definitely associated with frozen displays or does it happen independently?By the way, trying to reach support via the forum isn't a good channel, we are a bunch of folks that just try to help each other (I am not a PMDG representative, I just try to break things).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest allanw

Thanks for the reply downscc. To elaborate on my problem more and answer your questions here is what happens: As previously mentioned after 1 - 2 hours of flying I will notice that my PFD and ND have frozen. I usually notice because I have gone past T/D and the plane is descending but the altitude in the PFD stays the same and my path in the ND never progresses. In regards to the frozen VC view issue in fsx I am not sure if this is the same as all of the backup gauges on the panel keep working. Now when I use the switches that change what is displayed on each display panel (not sure of the name of it) that is when they go blank. I have tested it out and they do not go blank when moving their position normally, its only after they have frozen that this will happen so I do believe the issues are associated.I think I will sign up for a gmail account to see if I can get through to PMDG and will also try out the A and Shift + A combination to see if that does in fact help.

Allan,Couple things here:1. Are you using a software firewall or really strict antivirus app? SimConnect communicates with our gauges essentially by using the same TCP/IP protocol that your internet connection uses. Thus, it can get flagged by firewalls or AV programs as unauthorized TCP traffic, which can freeze the displays like this.2. Do you have FSX SP2 installed? I believe MS solved the above mentioned firewall/AV issue with it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest allanw

Thanks for the reply Ryan. I do have sp2 installed but after disabling my firewall and AV while using fsx the problem now appears to be solved:)