Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomchou

Unmentioned changes in the new update?

Hello everybody!!Firstly, I'd like to say another redundant thank you for PMDG, for you are the only developer so far in the FS field that provides trustworthy flight models that deserved to be called "as real as it gets". I am a big 747 fan, and I was really uninterested in MD-11 no matter in the real world or in the FS world. After several months of consideration, I finally made my mind of trying out the new MD-11. Now I became a MD-11 fan only because of the authenticity of the simulator. I love MD-11!! :( My key point is: After the new update v1.20, I've found something new that aren't mentioned in the list: 1. The trimming speed is now fast enough to trigger the aural warning of "stabilizer motion" with a joystick button.2. The balance of the aircraft is also modified since the landing now requires steeper trim angle, it uses at least 1 more trim unit for the same weight setting in my system.I wonder the above changes are also a part of the new update, or just my hallucination?Again, thanks for your brilliant job!!BTW, this is my first post~ :( Tom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello everybody!!Firstly, I'd like to say another redundant thank you for PMDG, for you are the only developer so far in the FS field that provides trustworthy flight models that deserved to be called "as real as it gets". I am a big 747 fan, and I was really uninterested in MD-11 no matter in the real world or in the FS world. After several months of consideration, I finally made my mind of trying out the new MD-11. Now I became a MD-11 fan only because of the authenticity of the simulator. I love MD-11!! :( My key point is: After the new update v1.20, I've found something new that aren't mentioned in the list: 1. The trimming speed is now fast enough to trigger the aural warning of "stabilizer motion" with a joystick button.2. The balance of the aircraft is also modified since the landing now requires steeper trim angle, it uses at least 1 more trim unit for the same weight setting in my system.I wonder the above changes are also a part of the new update, or just my hallucination?Again, thanks for your brilliant job!!BTW, this is my first post~ :( Tom
Tom, Thanks for your kind words. Nr. 2 is indeed an undocumented change (actually we forgot to put it in the list of changes). We have adjusted the flight dynamics to fix the take-off trim problems that were introduced in the 1.10 version update. This change also affects landing. Nr.1 could be a hallucination :-)Nothing changed there. Maybe something changed on your side, like the "repeat" rate of your joystick button assigned to trim?

Hello!Despite the minor hallucination, I appreciate your confirmation :( It could both be the repetition rate of my joystick or the trim rate variations that I've ever applied during the initial climbs. I'll need more flights to check it out.And thanks for the refined flight dynamics, it works great during takeoff & landing! :(