Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Sorry to bring this up again....Kai Tak

As you know, there are many topics on this subject, and I think in the last 3hrs, I've read most of 'em.So.... please, don't anyone just put up a blank post with a link - i've no doubt been there already. What is a shame is the number of 'dead' links in posts that go nowhere.In the past i've had this sorted, flying both the MD-11 and the 744 in and out of Kai Tak (the Fly Tampa version), using the IGS13 approach, with everything showing correctly on the ND.Bottom line....... Now I can't get it sorted, and need some help?What i have noticed, is that many of the different instructions there about, give different data to enter into the Navdata files. I have therefore, tried them all.The only thing I could think of that's changed from before, is that i've updated the NavData to 0903, so tried changing that too.I've even tried the so called "Goof Proof" version of instructions without success, and yes, of course i've been to OPS :( I'm screamin with this. Please anyone got any more info or ideas?

When you enter the data for VHHX into the navdata files airport.dat and wpNavAPT.txt be sure you don't use the tab character.... you have to use spaces for the white space; otherwise, the data will not be recognized. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks DanI had remembered that one from the early days of the 9Dragons software. Wow! That really was ammazing for freeware. Don't think there's been anything close to matching it yet.

Thanks DanI had remembered that one from the early days of the 9Dragons software. Wow! That really was ammazing for freeware. Don't think there's been anything close to matching it yet.
For what it's worth, in it helps anyone else, the problem is, at least half fixed. The only solution I found that works, is from a very old thread relating to the 9Dragons software.As can be seen below, a flightplan to VHHX can now be created, and shows up pretty well on the ND.However, if you should just 'happen' to find yourself near the airport, or place yourself at a nearby airport, then VHHX does not show up on the ND.Most strange I thought.