Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragonfighter

DSD/COP3 Cable Zones

I want to set coordinates for the emergency cables at various fields. I can use "Top Down" and get the MS Lat/Long with little trouble. I can also convert Degrees/Minutes/Seconds into decimal. BUT the MS renders the coordinates in Degrees, Minutes and hundreths of minutes. IOW the minutes are decimal fractions and not divided into seconds. Example: {N33 14.27'}.Things like "point two" are easy..."12 secs". But these odd ball figures bug me. A couple of seconds off and your field is not 10 ft deep but 150 ft deep.Help? Please?Thanks,DF

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I want to set coordinates for the emergency cables at various fields. I can use "Top Down" and get the MS Lat/Long with little trouble. I can also convert Degrees/Minutes/Seconds into decimal. BUT the MS renders the coordinates in Degrees, Minutes and hundreths of minutes. IOW the minutes are decimal fractions and not divided into seconds. Example: {N33 14.27'}.Things like "point two" are easy..."12 secs". But these odd ball figures bug me. A couple of seconds off and your field is not 10 ft deep but 150 ft deep.Help? Please?Thanks,DF
.2 X 60 = 12 .27 X 60 = 16.2 eg N33 degrees 14 minutes 16.2 seconds

.2 X 60 = 12 .27 X 60 = 16.2 eg N33 degrees 14 minutes 16.2 seconds
Well duh. Geez I can be such an idiot. Thanks.