Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

fs9 md11

hi all, havnt heard any mention of this topic, although it might sound trivial. but on assigning key combination in the fs md11 as per pmdg, the flight director on captain side is ctrl+shift+a but when entered in fsuipc this button makes the pitch, takeoff takeoff clamp in the pfd disappear, and when replacing it with the fs key ctrl+f, this does not work for the FD either. does anyone have a key assigned that does the job. richard welsh.

Richard, I don't use that specific assignment but tested all the keycommands. My procedure includes deleting all default MSFS assignments except the few that I use (change viewpoint, toggle 2D panel, set Baro, etc.). I have found no problem once that is done but I don't use FSUIPC. I think the only reason you need FSUIPC is to map an assigned key to a controller button but if all you are doing is using the pmdg keycommand options for keyboard assignments then FSUIPC is not required.

Dan Downs KCRP

Richard, I don't use that specific assignment but tested all the keycommands. My procedure includes deleting all default MSFS assignments except the few that I use (change viewpoint, toggle 2D panel, set Baro, etc.). I have found no problem once that is done but I don't use FSUIPC. I think the only reason you need FSUIPC is to map an assigned key to a controller button but if all you are doing is using the pmdg keycommand options for keyboard assignments then FSUIPC is not required.
hi Dan, thanks for your reply which i will take on board just a point, its only recently i started using fsuipc and the thing i like about it is that all the pmdg aircraft do not share all the same keystrokes, so if they are all in the fsuipc by clicking the aircraft specific you get the aircraft already loaded with keystrokes relative to your yoke buttons. thanks again. richard welsh.