Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VIPERGTSR01

MD11 (FSX) hydraulic pressure test

I had a little break flying the MD11 but since the new patch come along I got right back into it (great patch) but since then it seems when I attempt a auto hydaulic pressure test the button flashes the blue 'test' for a moment and I get 'hydraulic test fail' (or similar) message, I do the same thing as I did pre patch maybe now I am missing something, probably obvious.Besides the rest of the aircraft set up (engines are off) I switch on aux hyd pump 1 (hydraulics contoller is in auto) and there is pressure in hyd system 3 (green just under 3000) then I press the hyd press test button and it fails, any idea why, did I miss something?I have been doing the manual test for now following the procedure and it's fine but I am curious why it fails on it's own.Thanks Jay V.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jay, Aux pump needs to be off before the test. Look at all the pumps and make sure they are off and the pressure reading is amber.Rob

Aw wow I knew I made a silly mistake, some reason I got it in my head I had to turn the aux 1 pump on when starting the test, now I don't know why I thought that (I think because thats the start when doing a manual test)Thanks for straightening that out for me Rob :( Jay V