Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nillefix

Flight planning tool

Just was wondering, what kind of flight planning tool do you guys use when you're flying the MD-11?Niclas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi.My own experience:Firstly regarless FS I choose Departure and Destination Airport. (wx charts, average winds aloft, significant wx, notams, MET, TAF, etc - all mandatory for me-) Start load manager and choose payload, fuel trip, MTOW etc... I try to get the flight as real as I can. I save on FSC and export plan to IVAO, FS, FSC, LEVELD and PMDG extension. Then start Active sky and import the flight. (when wheater data loaded, I turn OFF the online feature, because IVAO fs wx is in advanced 1 to 2 hours, so I still IVAO wx active all the time. Too much delay for Active sky... Great graffics but ivao wx's faster.Choose and plan your flight plan at own discretion (routefinder.. etc) save it (SID, route and expected arrival, final load sheet weights, etc etc) Configure your plane for take off...I'm trying to give a special real feature to all of you (staff daily, fuel load sheet, virtual flight license, on board documentation, etcJust give me a short time for it.Thanks.Antonio.

Ah, is there a performance file for the PMDG MD-11 for FSBuild?
I was using an old generic one, but Ryan (forum user Saturn_V) has a much better one that he'll send to you if you ask him. This is what he wrote a couple of days ago:"So I decided to make my own performance file which I would like to share with you. PM or mail me at B.Schleipen#home.nl (replace # with @) and I will send it to you as unfortunately it is not allowed to upload the type of files FSBuild uses to this forum."