Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Johnny V

pesky runway signs

A little background info: I am working in FS9, using limited resourses as my old computer fried. :( and I lost some of my programs.I'm doing a remake of KMRB, Eastern WVa Regl/ Shepherd airport, as they have made big changes there. I'm having problems getting rid of the runway/taxiway signs. I used ExBuilder V2 to get rid of the default tower, which worked fine, but I can't get it to get rid of the signs. Could someone possibly consider doing an exclude for me just for the signs? Or explain to me what am I missing. If a copy of the failed XML would help I coud post that. Thanks Johnny V

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you trying to do the excludes in the same file? IIRC, trying to get different exclusionary tags to work in the same file wasn't doable in FS9, so your exclusion for a Library Object (tower) wouldn't switch over to Taxi Signs. They would need to be seperate files. Also, FS9 taxi signs work off a master sign that's hit and miss to find, you can't do a precise exclude for individual signs, again IIRC. You might make a BIG OLE exclusion area, but then you'll need to add back any that changed or stayed the same.

Yes I was using different files for each. I made the tower exclution first and was pleased to see it worked as it should. Then I tried to tackle the taxiway/runway signs. I guess ExBuilder didn't like the #'s I feed it from AFCAD. I had a little more time today to play around and finally got it working although I'm not sure why/how. I pulled up FS9, ExBuilder and AFCAD together on my screen and slewed around to make sure the whole airport was covered and it worked on the second try. The first time I got some error message when trying to compile. Anyway Thanks for looking and thanks for the suggestions. Should have the Airport flying out C5's for the Air National Guard shortly. Johnny V

Try this:

<?xml version="1.0"?><FSData   version = "9.0"   xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'   xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" ><ExclusionRectangle	latitudeMinimum = "39.401760722049"	latitudeMaximum = "39.4019026272099"	longitudeMinimum = "-77.9862174442076"	longitudeMaximum = "-77.9859965633395"	excludeAllObjects = "FALSE"	excludeBeaconObjects = "FALSE"	excludeEffectObjects = "FALSE"	excludeGenericBuildingObjects = "FALSE"	excludeLibraryObjects = "FALSE"	excludeTaxiwaySignObjects = "TRUE"	excludeTriggerObjects = "FALSE"	excludeWindsockObjects = "FALSE"/></FSData>

scott s..