Sign in to follow this  
Guest evanxmcr

north to south american multi legged flight.

Guest evanxmcr

i have been flying a flight from toronto to the lower end of south america and currently i am at north carolina. it is possible depending how long this takes me that i may fly over antartica, come up the other side and land back where i started.these have been my current legstoront (pearson) to nyc to newark new jearsy to north carolinatotal hours 2.5toronto to nyc - 1.3nyc to nj - o.o NJ to North carolina - 1.1i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on intersting stops along the way, and if anyone on fsx has done an around the world the vertical way?

Not as a single trip, but I've flown UK <--> NZ the "sensible" (ie, Europe, Middle East, Asia) way several times, so in 2007, decided to fly back via the South Pole. The route was:Wellington NZWNChristchurch NZCHMcMurdo Sound, Ice Runway NZIRSouth Pole Station NZSPPalmer Station NZ12Malvine Island/Ushuaia Intl SAWHStanley SAFLComodoro Rivadavia SAVCSan Carlos de Bariloche SAZSMalargue SAMMSan Juan SANUReconquista SATRIguazu, Mayor D Carlos Eduardo Krause SARICorumba Intl, Brazil SBCRAlta Floresta SBATManaus, Eduardo Gomes Intl SBEGPuerto Inirida/Obando SKPDBogot

Guest evanxmcr

thanks. i planned to go down from florida to the islands then across to mexico, not a time saver but to let me see both. (and yah i tried to find machu pichu and was quite disapointed although i did find a nice mountain low altitude flight along the way if you follow the railroad closely)thanks for the tip ;)

Yes: Regarding for example Buenos Aires, where I live, you can find buildings where the Aeroparque field ends. Ok, I know south america "dont exist"Regards, Jose.

Guest evanxmcr

he said it as in some areas along the way are limited, of course a major city such as buenos aires would have more complex models.

I didn't mean to imply that places like Buenos Aries don't exist in FS, just that there's very little in the way of 'special' scenery.

The area around Rio de Janiero looks very nice in FSX. Both the city scenery and the detail at the two airports there is very good. Don't forget to check out the cable car on Sugarloaf.

Guest evanxmcr

where is sugarloaf?