Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dilligas

MD-11

This is kinda strange, because I've never had any kind of issue with PMDG products before. I just purchased the MD-11 for FSX and after it installed it trys to install the C++ program, which crashes. Just for fun I look to see if its installed in FS. It loads up and 'sounds' good but none of the panels show up and when I look at the plane from the exterior, none of the 'moveable' items work (doors, flaps, rudders).Anyone have any ideas? I going nutz wanting to fly this new plane!XP Pro - Service Pack 31.8 GHz - 2 GB RamIntel Core 2 DuoPaul Ledford

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Paul,You don't specify which flavour of XP you're running. I'm assuming it's 32 bit? Try downloading the C++ redist from MS directly - does that install OK? If it does, then I wouldn't worry too much about it failing during the install of the MD11. If you're running XP64, then I suspect it crashes because you're running the wrong redist (although, IIRC, on my Vista box, I was able to run 32 and 64 side by side). Anyways, the x64 version is hereHTH, Leo

I had this issue with the MD-11 1.2 full download, my load manager did not open either. I also tried VS2008 from the MS site and made sure the 2005 versionw as up to date the panel still didnt work. I solved it by getting my hands on a older version of the md-11 then installed the latest patch which sorted it out perfectly. Might be an installer issue. Paul S