Sign in to follow this  
cooley_boii

Talking to ATC

hi,I was wondering if is it possible to be albe to talk to ATC and how?I don't think that FSX isn't realistic without talking to ATC. Who agrees?

hi,I was wondering if is it possible to be albe to talk to ATC and how?I don't think that FSX isn't realistic without talking to ATC. Who agrees?
Perhaps you should consider VoxATC

Guest jshyluk

That, or you could join an on-line flying community such as VATSIM, where you can communicate in real-time with other flight simmers. The FSX ATC is mostly held over from previous versions of MSFS, especially the voice work. ACES found it prohibitively expensive and time consuming to engineer the voice talent for the ATC, and were reluctant to go through the process for a new ATC system.For the casual flight simmer, - the people who buy FSX, don't want any add-ons, and are happy to fly around as they see fit - the ATC system is considerably streamlined compared to what you would see in a real-world flight. It's a lot of work to learn ATC terminology if all you want to do is kick the tires and light the fires. So there's a decision to be made between realism and playability, and as in many cases with their product, ACES made the decision to favour playability. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

hi,I was wondering if is it possible to be albe to talk to ATC and how?I don't think that FSX isn't realistic without talking to ATC. Who agrees?[/quoteUnless you join VATSIM the best option out there is VoxATC, IMHO. It uses Microsofts SAPI5 speech recognition and TSS, text to speech engines to implement a fairly realistic ATC environment. It can be purchased with two advanced TSS voices and you can add two more which provides some variety. I have used it for both FS2004 and FSX and wouldn't fly without it. Check out the website and the user forum here on AVSIM. You could also do a search here as there have been a number of threads discussing the merits of VATSIM VS VoxATC for voice ATC. Good luck.