Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How do I correct this texture error?

Hi. I seem to remember I managed to correct this once a couple of years ago, but I don't remember how any longer. Something to do with Alpha Channels?The a/c texture is way too bright, like you turned the TV brilliance up to maximum. I resaved the bitmaps as DXT3 files, no mips, but this hasn't done it. Can someone please remind me what to do?Screenshot here:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/mart...st/Textures.jpgThanks!Martin

MartinLooks to me that your reflect map alpha channel is way too dark which is making the textures crazy shiny and also washing out the colour. i use a 238R, 238G, 238B greay in my alpha channels gives a nice effect but preserves the colour.Hope that helpsPaul

I was almost there - I thought it was an alpha channel problem. I set them all to 238 as you suggested and the textures look fine now. Thanks.Martin

No probs i had the same problem there for a bit with my new paint glad that worked for ya :(