Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rc_muc

Maltby Trident VC textures in FSX

Hi,I downloaded the fantastic Trident from www.dmflightsim.co.uk yesterday (all the files, updated Dec 09, 2008), but in the VC only the main panel has a texture. The seats, yoke, side walls stay blank. How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated :-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I downloaded the fantastic Trident from www.dmflightsim.co.uk yesterday (all the files, updated Dec 09, 2008), but in the VC only the main panel has a texture. The seats, yoke, side walls stay blank. How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated :-)
Is that not just an FS9 model?

I installed that aircraft some time ago so I don't remember exactly what I had to do to correct anyproblems with the textures.Here is a screenshot showing the textures in my Trident directory. Check to see if you have them all.NOTE: I converted all my textures to DDS so yours willmost likely show BMP extenstions.If you are missing any textures, contact me via PM or email.As to the "is this a FS9 aircraft" question by the first relyer, yes...however it 'ports' over just fineas do most of Dave Maltby's designs. Paul

I tried using Rick Pipers HS748 and have issues with the VC, the dash seems to be reflective and see through. Is there any fix for that?

I tried using Rick Pipers HS748 and have issues with the VC, the dash seems to be reflective and see through. Is there any fix for that?
Yes, there is. But I do not have the time to explain the fix today as I must leavethe house soon. Basically it involves changing several of the "Background_color=0, 0, 0"statments in the VC sections of the panel.cfg to "Background_color=128,128,128 "Also, a couple of the VC texture BMP's need some changing.I'll get back to this sometime tomorrow. PaulEDIT: I just remembered that I posted some 'fixes' over on the SOH forum a few weeks ago.Here is the link for the HS748 fix discussion. I suggest that you read the entire thread as Imade several posts there pertaining to different mods that were needed.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...mp;postcount=20 Paul

Thanks for posting the screenshot with the files, I realised there were some missing from my texture directories. (Being an experienced plane downloader, I should have realised from the beginning, d'oh!).So, if anyone else has that problem: find the DMTRIVC*.bmp files and copy them to all the texture directories. Works for me now.