Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mudhendriver

FS9 scenery.cfg and scenery settings

I've had an issue where I loaded FlyTampa KSEA and put the Seattle aerial photo right after it (as recommended) in FS9 scenery settings (in the menu click boxes) and have ended up with aircraft bouncing and kicking up dust when I taxi off the runway. I reinstalled FS9 for a different reason and reinstalled KSEA early in the process and discovered that the issue was fixed--for at least a while. Since then, I've reloaded many more payware airports etc, and KSEA is just part of a group of 30 or so airports that I leave checked in scenery settings. I just flew into KSEA and the issue is back.Looking at the top of the list of my scenery settings within FS9 I have UT USA as number one followed by payware airports--if I'm flying in the US only then I tend to deselect the European or Asian airports and vice verse. I thought the problem with KSEA was one in which I allowed it and the Seattle Aerial photo to slip down to about 22 on the list, so I moved it up to spot 5--and the issue remained.I opened up scenery.cfg located in the FS9 root and it appears the list in it--starting with 001 bears no relationship to what the priority is in FS9 scenery settings (the red boxes). Scenery.cfg lists default scenery (USA, Europe, Asia etc) at the top and UT USA doesn't appear until 22 or 23.My question is, which list establishes priority? Or is there a priority to begin with? And, if I put the Seattle Aerial photo right after FlyTampa KSEA airport in settings, shouldn't they be together in scenery.cfg? And if they're not, is this causing the issue?Also, is there a "smart" way to order/number settings within scenery.cfg that maximizes memory resources as efficiently as possible? Put another way, is there a potential performance hit by simply loading addon scenery randomly as opposed to racking and stacking with some logic in mind?Thanks.Rich Perry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!