Sign in to follow this  
dmaher

I've tried, I really have. Honest. But..

...I just can't get used to this new forum format. Reading posts here is like plowing through an old dark closet. Everything is kind of jumbled up, it's not very easy to find what you're looking for, and it's tough to see it once you get your hands on it. Wading through the Sea-of-Blue is really getting to be hard work on these old eyes. It seems like I'm spending more and more time at the Other Place. Any other Old Guys found a way to cope with it? Or, am I just being a complainer who needs to get his eyes checked? Trip

I have no problem with it. I find it a bit more organized than the old one. But I generally have little trouble adjusting to a new look&feel - it is like flying King Air and then switching to say Cheyenne. Not a big deal for me ... ;-)Michael J.

Guest drobson

What settings are you using? There are 3 ,(I think) different ways the thing can be read. These can be set in your profile/preferences thingy. The choices are: ubb---classic---or dcf.Of course, we don't mind that you are spending some time at the Other Place. ;-)Play with the settings a little bit, and see if it gets better. I'm using the ubb format, which is most similar to the old style, and the style at the Other Place.Darrell

Just a thought; but, have you tried re-configuring the forum page display options to find a setup that suits you? (

Guest WorkingStiff

For what it's worth, I created a Cascading Style Sheet that restores most of the look and feel of the old forum. More importantly for me, it uses a large enough font size for me to continue running my monitor at its highest resolution and I've changed the font colors so that Topic headings are blue and the text in the threads are black.Shoot me an email and I'll send it to you.

Guest Bigshot

I don't particularly care for the new format either. I also don't much care for the rules concerning hardware posts and screen shots posts not being allowed in the general flightsim forum. What good is it anymore?? Nor do I care for the fact that posts just simply disappear without explanation. AVSIM has a great library; but, the whinners with the slow modems (who are likely in the minority), etc. have apparently been heard by the admin and the quality and fun factor of visiting the forum have been severely diminished. IMHO. Oh well, FS Forum hasn't changed much. I've also located other forums and visit them more frequently and this one less frequently. Watch this post get deleted!!!!

Guest Shocky

Well I have been around for a few years and I must say that I like the old old forum the most... together with the old rulesIn my opinion the way things are now (rules) it's getting less and less fun to post.especially the Screenshots forum isn't what it used to be anymore :-(This forum system however is a bit more similar to the old old one, so I can't really complain about that. :-waveshocky :-hah "NS Nationale Schande" :-8

I'll play with those a bit and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip Danny.Trip

Thanks Darrell. Danny also pointed me in that direction. I'm going to try those options today.Trip