Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rdunn6

Alternate voices

I've heard simmers on this forum talk about purchasing alternate voices for VoxATC. I was wondering if anybody had a link to a purchase site. Diz

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've heard simmers on this forum talk about purchasing alternate voices for VoxATC. I was wondering if anybody had a link to a purchase site. Diz
The most commonly used voices are the AT&T Natural Voices. The initial Text to Speech engine bundle for $35 includes a male and female voice, Mike and Crystal. Go to http://www.nextup.com/ for more info. Do not purchase Text-aloud or any other TTS product as they are not necessary. There are a number of TTS voice products available, another choice is Cepstral, www.cepstral.com. Most of these voices are the 16khz version, some VoxATC users claim the lower resolution 8khz voices sound more natural for the ATC environment. Both sites allow you to demo the voices by entering applicable text and playing it back. You might consider searching this forum on this topic as there have been numerous posts. Hope this helps.