Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest beschaf

Problem, RPM on Idle to high

Hello!My RPM on Idle is much to high, should be 2000 less!Does anynoe know where to change this in the Airfile exactly?Thanks for any help :( Best regardsBeat

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not to familiar with the whole airfile editing thing, but a thought came across my head, now this could be completely stupid but what if you wrote a simple XML code describing the correct parameters for the engine. I've done that on some of my general aviation aircraft such as the DHC-3, lower RPMs in colder temperatures and making it hard to start in cold temperatures and making the engine more b*****y in cold temperatures. So I think I can apply the same thing here.Not sure if you've any XML knowledge but you would just have to state the circumstances in which the engine would be at the set range of RPM, so (not using actual code here just stating things) when Throttle percentage 0 > and 3 < and the RPM is 500 > if{ RPM 1230 > if{ RPM increase by +.4 } ((Ambient Temperature celcius) 2 *) + }.Sorry that's awfully sloppy - I'm in a bit of a hurry - but I hope you get the general idea.Hope it all works out for you.

Hello!Thank you for your suggestion! The thing is that it would be just a fake. The Problem with a to high RPM is, that the Aircraftis moving even I have full breakes. So I have to change that in the Airfile. Hope that someone is around here who has knowlegeabout that!?Thanks again!

Try having a look at record 508 Torque coefficient vs RPM and record 506 throttle profile (using air edit or similar) in the air file i modified my engine to idle and produce rated horse power using these valuesHope that helpsPaul