Sign in to follow this  
Guest frattonstation

FSX Aircraft Installer

Guest frattonstation

Hi, Having problems installing aircraft using the installer on AVSIM Library, can you help please?I keep getting the Error Message "Run Time Error'76' - Path Not Found"I have installed the installer on the same Drive as my Program Files/Microsoft Games/FSX folder as instructed. :(

What OS are you using?Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hi FStation,You may have to provide us with more information such as the particular installer you are refering to, and which OS you are using. If you're using Vista then you may be having trouble with the User Account Control facility. If you've got the fsaircraftinstaller.zip file by Salem Aljarwan then UAC could be a problem.Alternatively, you could bite the bullet and learn how to install aircraft manually. It's a lot easier than you might think and you will be taking your first steps down the road to endless FS tweaks and modifications which can be very rewarding. Manual installation begins with reading the readme.txt file which will be unzipped with every download from the library. It has been written specifically for the file in question and contains all the information you will need to install the aircraft.There are usually only three FSX folders you will have to copy files to anyway. The effects files go in the \effects folder, gauges can go in either the aircraft's panel folder or the \gauges folder, and the aircraft itself goes in the \simobjects\airplanes folder.It is usually as simple as that although you can't go wrong if you go to the trouble of follwoing the instructions listed in the readme file.I hope this helps.

Mike Beckwith

Guest frattonstation

Thanks for the replies lads.I am using XP, but have given up on the installer and actually learned how to install the aircraft manually. :( On that subject, if an aircraft I installed does not show any guages, can I amend the aricrafts .cfg file to use another aircrafts guages if they do not appear in the Winzip file I downloaded???? :(

I don't remember any full addon planes that do not come with gauges, unless they say so in the install file. Make sure you open the gauge folder in the download, copy all the contence to the main FSX Gaugre folder. Otherwise it is possible to use the panel from a similar plane. In that case, change the name of the panel folder to match the cfg panel entry ( or the other way around).Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

It's great to hear you've begun tweaking your installation FS, you'll enjoy endless hours discovering the intricacies of a very subtle sim.As for using another aircraft's gauges in some bird it's fairly easy to achieve but does take a little attention to detail. As Bobbyjack has mentioned you won't often download a bird which doesn't include a set of gauges. It happens on occasion but in such cases there are usually instructions of how to obtain gauges.It is, in fact, the panel.cfg file (found in the panel folder) which you amend when replacing gauges. It can be a tedious job but if you've got the motivation then it's just a matter of time before you get your panel working the way you want it. Here's an example of how to replace the manifold pressure gauge found in the F4U Corsair's panel.cfg with the one from the default DC3.//gauge06=F4U7_Instr!Manifold_Pressure, 236,639,94,94gauge06=Douglas_DC3!manifold, 236,639,94,94The only other thing you'll need to do is to make sure the gauge file is available when the panel.cfg is read. Just copy the relevant gauge file to either the \panel folder or the main \gauges folder. In the above example the manifold gauge has been placed in a .cab file which is why you see that exclamation mark following the gauge file declaration.Good luck with your modifications.

Mike Beckwith