Sign in to follow this  
badaboom

**FSDT KLAS New Release**

This airport scenery is terrific, with great night lighting. Definitely recommended for anyone that likes flying into/out of Las Vegas. Just uploaded a small clip on youtube of a flyby of the terminal buildings at dusk.

Guest 413X3

it boggles my mind how developers of great products can just blatantly not bother with something so simple yet important (the afcad obviously)

Guest kwilson
it boggles my mind how developers of great products can just blatantly not bother with something so simple yet important (the afcad obviously)
I've just cut and pasted something from Virtuali of FSdreamteam that was posted in that thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1703.15 that Falcon mentioned
Who said it's difficult ? Who said that it will not come ? If you just followed the developement of ALL our sceneries relased so far, we ALWAYS relased the scenery FIRST, with a very basic AFCAD, that can be used as a starting point for everyone to work with, especially Harpsi, who usually likes to do AFCAD for us.THEN, after the AFCAD reaches some kind of stability, we merge all the addition in the one we supply with the scenery. It has worked well so far for LSZH, KORD, KJFK and LSSG so, I don't see why it should be any different for KLAS.
Reading that thread I get the feeling that FSDreamteam expect their end users to create a working AFCAD which they then appropriate as a final version. I wonder if Harpsi gets paid for his efforts :( ??Anyway, downloading the demo now. Those screenshots look brilliant.

And to be sure, I have no problem anymore with the way FS DreamTeam produces their product. What I don't understand from Virtuali's "explanation" is:1. A contradiction in terms he also stated in the same thread you took your cut\paste from above. He stated that FSDT develops ALL their products for FSX FIRST, THEN does what is necessary to make them work in FS9. If that is so, then why in the heck are they developing an AFCAD for FS9 FIRST? You can't have it both ways, and expect the customer to understand what the heck is going on.2. His statement that, "If you just followed the developement of ALL our sceneries relased so far..." is not an acceptable "excuse" or "explanation" when it comes to customer service or support. It places the blame on the CUSTOMER for not knowing how FSDT "does business". How in the heck WOULD a customer know, if they hadn't purchased any previous FSDT products, and KLAS was their FIRST product? Sorry...but when a developer blames the CUSTOMER for not knowing the history of the developer's past releases or release strategy, and uses that as a rationalization for any confusion that results in their forums concerning product support, that is unacceptable.No harm...no foul. I previously bought 3 of their other airports before KLAS...and nowhere did I get an explanation during those purchases that any AFCADs with them WEREN'T part of the original download. I must have bought them quite some time after the initial release...after the "new AFCAD" had been developed...and been "updated" in the download I made at the time of purchase. In that case, I would NOT have known that it wasn't included in the original release. If I have to wait now for a working KLAS AFCAD, I will. But...In my experience, FSDT is the one casuing the confusion in the first place...and blaming the CUSTOMER for it. So, I will just take my purchasing dollars somewhere else next time.KLAS is a great scenery package. Don't let anything I said above stop you from purchasing it if you want some good KLAS scenery. I'm just not going to do any further business with a company that blames the customer for it's own confusing practices and\or policies.FalconAF

Rick Ryan