Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Frame Rates with ActiveSky. A reminder/tip.

I know Jim has mentioned this many times in different posts, but if anyone is getting severe frame rate hits in heavy clouds (not Active Sky's fault either) try reducing your AntiAliasing setting. I had done some tweaking recently and forgot to reset mine, and then worried for several days about why I was getting c.10 fps in cloudy areas. Reverting to FS9's 'Clear Skies' always put my frame rates back to my fixed 30 fps.Then I remembered my AA settings - it was at 8. Reducing it to 4 has little effect on the visuals (especially as I use a fairly small screen, 17", with a resolution of 1920x1200) but my fps in heavy cloud immediately jumped from c.10 to over 25. Very dramatic.Not an original 'tip' by any means I know, and it may work better in my system than in other people's, but given what a huge affect this can have on your fps, and feeling chuffed I got my fps back, I post this just as a reminder to anyone having problems.Martin