Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vgbaron

10 mile multiplayer limit?

Multiplayer and a/i aircraft seem to disappear at 10 miles. I have seen some TCAS programs that show AI at further distances. Is this a known limitation of FSX or can it be configured manually. Need to show multiplayer a/c at distances greater than 10nm.Is it a limitation of Simconnect?Thanx,Vic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Multiplayer and a/i aircraft seem to disappear at 10 miles. I have seen some TCAS programs that show AI at further distances. Is this a known limitation of FSX or can it be configured manually. Need to show multiplayer a/c at distances greater than 10nm.Is it a limitation of Simconnect?Thanx,Vic
The default max visual range is 30 miles. If you are talking about TCAS range, it depends on the plane and what TCAS system is installed. Some that I use have a range as low as 5 miles and as great as 40.

Hi Jay - No, not TCAS. Within FSX, the labels for the mp a/c and AI a/c disappear at 10nm. Vic

Hi Jay - No, not TCAS. Within FSX, the labels for the mp a/c and AI a/c disappear at 10nm. Vic
Mine have always been 30 miles, its possible I guess one of the sliders controls this, but I have never seen one specifically for this. Is it the same in single player?

Nope - different players at different times. However, we all use FSHost to connect. I have a question in to the author of FSHost too.Vic

Nope - different players at different times. However, we all use FSHost to connect. I have a question in to the author of FSHost too.Vic
FAHost is a different animal, that may be the problem. We stopped using that for FSX since there was too much 'lag' and planes were constantly jumpy.

Yup, it was FSHost. He had a built in limit which has changed in the last release. SHould be ok now.Thanx!Vic