Sign in to follow this  
Jayskits

Default Aerial Photoscenery

I notice FS9 uses some defualt aerial photo sceneries for the major urban areas in the USA, which are displayed in the top-down mode (CTL+S). They also appear in the Scenery Library. Are these bitmaps? Where are they located in the directory structure? Has anyone had any experience with photo-editing them to make updates and corrections?

I notice FS9 uses some defualt aerial photo sceneries for the major urban areas in the USA, which are displayed in the top-down mode (CTL+S). They also appear in the Scenery Library. Are these bitmaps? Where are they located in the directory structure? Has anyone had any experience with photo-editing them to make updates and corrections?
I have no experience in attempting to edit the aerial shots but believe I can tell you where to look for them.Using Notepad, open your scenery.cfg file and locate one of them:Atlanta for example:[Area.015]Title=Atlanta Aerial PhotoLayer=15Active=TRUERequired=FALSELocal=Scenery\Cities\AtlantaRemote=Note that this photo (actually many of them) is housed in the Scenery\Cities\Atlanta folder. They are in the texture subfolder. You will find many bmps in that folder and you would need image tool or DXTBmp to view/edit them. Those with lm at the end of the name are used for nighttime display.Hope that helps.