Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest riccrens

NAV/GPS switch

I notice that there is no NAV/GPS switch in the default DC-3 panel. I would like to use the GPS to control the lateral navigation of the aircraft. Is there something I am overlooking or is the absence of the switch on purpose to force manual piloting. I believe I saw a NAV/GPS switch on some of the replacement panels but they can't be used in FSX. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,The DC-3 is a plane designed before WW2 and long, long before GPSs were ever thought of ! If you really cannot fly it without a GPS can I suggest that you do a bit of panel editing and add one of the numerous NAV/GPS switches already present in your other panels. The MAAM-Sim DC-3 does come with its own (basic) Sperry Autopilot, which does do what it says on the tin. As its not entirely clear, are you looking to add the switch to the default panel of the default FSX DC-3 or the default panel of the MAAM-Sim DC-3/R4D ? As this is the MAAM-Sim Support Forum I am assuming the latter.Cheers,Alastair

Hi,The DC-3 is a plane designed before WW2 and long, long before GPSs were ever thought of ! If you really cannot fly it without a GPS can I suggest that you do a bit of panel editing and add one of the numerous NAV/GPS switches already present in your other panels. The MAAM-Sim DC-3 does come with its own (basic) Sperry Autopilot, which does do what it says on the tin. As its not entirely clear, are you looking to add the switch to the default panel of the default FSX DC-3 or the default panel of the MAAM-Sim DC-3/R4D ? As this is the MAAM-Sim Support Forum I am assuming the latter.Cheers,Alastair
Thanks for the advice, Alastair. I would like to add the switch to the MAAM-Sim panel. I think one of the alternative panels has a nav/gps switch. I'll try to use that one. Thanks again.Richard