Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest stevepow

A little annoyed

Today I took a flight from KSAN-PEBLE3-SXC-VTU-RZS-J501-BSR-BSR2-KSFO As RC vectord me down it came to a point where it told me to decent to flight level 110. So i did. As i leveled off to FL 110 RC then told me to turn to a heading of 351 which was in the complete opposite direction. I said OK maybe it something that they do. So i did and i kept going and i kept going and i kept going RC would just call up telling me to contact OAK and i did telling them my Altitude but never did they once tell me to turn around. after going in that heading for 97 NM i turned of the simulator off. AN hour and a half flight time wasted. Very annoyed

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Today I took a flight from KSAN-PEBLE3-SXC-VTU-RZS-J501-BSR-BSR2-KSFO As RC vectord me down it came to a point where it told me to decent to flight level 110. So i did. As i leveled off to FL 110 RC then told me to turn to a heading of 351 which was in the complete opposite direction. I said OK maybe it something that they do. So i did and i kept going and i kept going and i kept going RC would just call up telling me to contact OAK and i did telling them my Altitude but never did they once tell me to turn around. after going in that heading for 97 NM i turned of the simulator off. AN hour and a half flight time wasted. Very annoyed
flight level 110? that's a pretty strange altitude, considering the transition level is FL180 in the united states.was it FL110 or 11,000? what was your altimeter set to? local pressure or 29.92?have you flown any of the tutorials?i'm guessing you missed your crossing restriction, because your altimeter was set incorrectly, and you were thinking you needed to be at FL110 instead of 11,000.jd