Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avermeire

AICarriers2r2 problem Java error

Dear All,I installed AICArriers2 since it was out and it worked like a charm, but since a couple of weeks now it stopped to work with a Java error message at the start of FSX(see picture below). I checked the EXE.xml but without error.Has anyone got that error and what did cure the problem?I found several post (here, avsim, sim-outhouse, etc...) with the same error but without an answer to the problem.I have Java installed (JRE V6 u13), I work under vista32 and FSX Acceleration.All help will be appreciated,thanks and Best regards,Amedee

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear all,After several months of search around internet to solve the JAV error dialog box at the start of FSX, I found the solution on a Java developers forum.A windows system file (mysteriously modified, maybe by a windows auto-update) that can be found under C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc. it's the hosts file. Open it with notepad and add the following line if not there:127.0.0.1 localhostafter the following line. :: 1 localhostSave it to your desktop ( window won't allow you too save back in it original place. Then navigate back to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and override the existing file with the modified one from your desktop.That's it fire up FSX and enjoy AICarriers2r2. It solved my problem but some others may have another problem. Please note that AICarriers can't be fired up independantly from FSX. Its need to be fired up via the exe.xml file. The root ause is that IPv6 is incompatible with AICarriers and it need the IPv4 loopback address.Why is the hosts file modified? I don't know.Hope this will help and please feed back would be appreciated.Best regards,Amedee

Can anyone please help with the file location quoted here? C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

Dear all,After several months of search around internet to solve the JAV error dialog box at the start of FSX, I found the solution on a Java developers forum.A windows system file (mysteriously modified, maybe by a windows auto-update) that can be found under C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc. it's the hosts file. Open it with notepad and add the following line if not there:127.0.0.1 localhostafter the following line. :: 1 localhostSave it to your desktop ( window won't allow you too save back in it original place. Then navigate back to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and override the existing file with the modified one from your desktop.That's it fire up FSX and enjoy AICarriers2r2. It solved my problem but some others may have another problem. Please note that AICarriers can't be fired up independantly from FSX. Its need to be fired up via the exe.xml file. The root ause is that IPv6 is incompatible with AICarriers and it need the IPv4 loopback address.Why is the hosts file modified? I don't know.Hope this will help and please feed back would be appreciated.Best regards,Amedee
I am trying to install AICarriers in a Win7 machine and cannot make it work for love nor money. I have looked for "Drivers" in Win 7 and found the folder contains 285 items!. (Pick a file, any file).If any one can offer help I would be very grateful. GypsyBaron has very kindly been suggesting changes to the FSX "EXE.XML" but so far no success. The AI Carrier file does not appear in Add-ons on the menu bar so I can't use the carriers in AI Carriers.Thank you,Tregarth