Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

display problem

This has been a hard problem to try to figgure out so I have just been living with it. I have a new 3-26 inch LCD monitor setup with a new computer that has three video cards; one for each LCD monitor. I 'm using a "wireless" Microsoft mouse. Sometimes I receive a "message" that the receiption of the mouse signal strengten is "low" then the message will go away. I start a flight using the B-200 King Air with a LEFT, Center and Right views on three differant monitors. Most of the time I leave the mouse "pointer" in the CENTER monitor and most of the time I don't have this problem and then again I do.... it comes and goes, at will. On a 2 1/2 hour flight this morning from, KSFO to KPDX views were steady for about 1 hour. Then the RIGHT monitor ( Its ALWAY the RIGHT monitor and never the LEFT or CENTER monitor) started kind of "flashing". I moved the mouse arrow from the center monitor over to the Right monitor and the flashing stopped. About 20-30 seconds later the Right monitor started "flashing" again. I moved my mouse about an inch and the flashing stopped and then later started again. Each time it starts "flashing " again, a slight movement of the mouse will stop the flashing( the mouse pointer is kept inside of the RIGHT monitor. A bit later the flashing setteled down and I finished my flight.This happens on almost all flight to a verying degree and really has me STUMPED. If the simple short movement of the mouse while it it inside of the RIGHT monitor will STOP the flashing why cannt a "work around" be made to keep it from happening in the first place. I'd REALLY appreceate some of your ideas on this problem. It's over my head. Thanks jerrycwo4

This has been a hard problem to try to figgure out so I have just been living with it. I have a new 3-26 inch LCD monitor setup with a new computer that has three video cards; one for each LCD monitor. I 'm using a "wireless" Microsoft mouse. Sometimes I receive a "message" that the receiption of the mouse signal strengten is "low" then the message will go away. I start a flight using the B-200 King Air with a LEFT, Center and Right views on three differant monitors. Most of the time I leave the mouse "pointer" in the CENTER monitor and most of the time I don't have this problem and then again I do.... it comes and goes, at will. On a 2 1/2 hour flight this morning from, KSFO to KPDX views were steady for about 1 hour. Then the RIGHT monitor ( Its ALWAY the RIGHT monitor and never the LEFT or CENTER monitor) started kind of "flashing". I moved the mouse arrow from the center monitor over to the Right monitor and the flashing stopped. About 20-30 seconds later the Right monitor started "flashing" again. I moved my mouse about an inch and the flashing stopped and then later started again. Each time it starts "flashing " again, a slight movement of the mouse will stop the flashing( the mouse pointer is kept inside of the RIGHT monitor. A bit later the flashing setteled down and I finished my flight.This happens on almost all flight to a verying degree and really has me STUMPED. If the simple short movement of the mouse while it it inside of the RIGHT monitor will STOP the flashing why cannt a "work around" be made to keep it from happening in the first place. I'd REALLY appreceate some of your ideas on this problem. It's over my head. Thanks jerrycwo4
---------------------Jerry - a few things to try.Always reclick the mouse on the main view after using it on a secondary monitor- so as to restablish focus.Be absolutely sure that no view overlaps the adjacent monitor- even a tiny amount!.If you are using full height views on secondary monitors, try dragging the bottom of these views up a small amount. In Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Trouble Shoot you could retard the Hardware Accel slider 1 or 2 notches. Try this as a last resort.Generally I've been able to eliminate this problem as above- particularly by the View shrinking method- which also improves frame rate. (FPS appears to be a function of View height- more pixels to be computed by the CPU I suppose. That's why I use 1/2 height secondary views and fill in the blank bottom half of the screen with popups.)Alex Reid