Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dbache

Saving ALL settings in PMDG747-400X

Guest Dbache

Hi Guys,I have trolled the posts here and found a couple that related to saving flights in FSX. Some say it is no problem, some say you have a bit of difficulty "in flight" but you can sort it out (wish I could get there :( ) . Mine is much more basic than that. I am learning (slowly) how to configure the 747-400 for flight. At the end of the preflight, ready for push back and engine start I save it via the FSX "save" function. When I load the flight to carry on, the APU is not running, APU switch is off yet most others are correct. No power is selected yet all screens are up and the ND is showing my FMC programmed route yet the FMC "co route" had disappeared. If I open the saved flight under the PMDG directory with "notepad", the APU switch =1 (on?) and the APU state=1 (running?) which suggests it should be all ok. Can anyone tell me how to save the flight at this point with ALL the settings ?as it is very frustrating to start again which I have to do as I dont know what other things are incorrect. FSX is with SP2 and PDMG-747-400X is the latest running on XP.kind regardsDave

A panel state is saved with a saved flight, and things should be pretty much as you left them.There is a FSX problem reloading the same engine-variant aircraft in succession. Try loading a default aircraft in between reloading 747X flights, not sure but might work.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Dbache

Hi Dan,Many thanks for your reply. I did try this and it didn't work.This happens even if I load the saved flight just after power up of the the PC and FSX. cheersDave

I'm having the same problem. Posted in the forum before but never received any answer our workaround solution.Etienne

Guest Dbache
I'm having the same problem. Posted in the forum before but never received any answer our workaround solution.Etienne
Ah! "working as coded".... :( .. This is so basic that I think it must be a combination of things unique to certain configurations. I tried an even more basic test. I loaded FSX and from "free flight" chose one of my PMDG 747s, chose an airport (EGLL) and parked it at a gate. It loaded ready for flight with all engines running (as expected). I shut down the engines, turned off the Hydraulics , turned on the APU,spooled it up,switched on the APU gen switches and saved the flight. I shut down FSX and brought it back up. I then "loaded" the previous saved flight and it came up with all engines running,APU is OFF, exactly as it was when I started this test. :( It definitely did NOT save (or load?) the flight as I left it! However, here is an extract of the panel state sav file in the 747400 directory for that saved flight which (to me) says that the APU should be running.Standby Power Selector Knob=1Left Utility Power Switch=1Right Utility Power Switch=1APU Start Knob=1Battery Switch=1Battery Switch Guard=0APU State=1Left APU Generator Active=64Right APU Generator Active=128Can someone please try this and see if they get the same result? I would appreciate it before I bother the PDMG crew.Kind regardsDave

Dave,This has been an ongoing problem and something we seem to have only with the 737 and 747 as far as I know. Are you able to save the FMC settings as well? You should not be concerned about "bothering the PMDG crew" - you are a customer after all!!Gerry