Sign in to follow this  
Guest aircos1

Bae 146 / Avro RJ project

Guest aircos1

HelloThere have been a few attempts in the past to model a realistic Bae-146 /Avro RJ-100 but no project came to an end....as a matter of fact ,some projects just got stuck in the announcement with a few screenshots and that is all. It gets me thinking that either the developers realised that the reception for the community would not be so great to be worth it ,or a project for this plane is shadowed by bad luck.The thing is there has not been a big subject dealing with an expression of demand for this plane. And that is the reason for this post, to establish how many users would be interested in an addon of the payware standards that exist today. For those who are not so familiar with the Bae-146 / Avro RJ let me briefly say that after you make your search about it you will realise that you'll be flying a 4 jet engine airliner with all the bells , buttons and whistles that an airliner has , with the capability to land in places that are normally reserved for turbo-props ....with this great STOL airliner you'll be expanding the variety of your destinations and experience

Guest Tingoose

+1 vote for a payware quality Bae 146 including a fully functioning FMS. I've used the Aerosoft version for years, originally made for FS2002 and it's great but getting a bit long in the tooth.

Guest s0436

It'd be even better if a FSX native freeware less frills/lite version was also made available :(

Guest 413X3

I would LOVE a quiet trader, cargo variant. to fly TNT parcels around Europe

Guest aircos1
I'm not sure if this is one of the annoumcements you're talking about..http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1238676752I'm barely a month into it.. it will be several more months, but it WILL be completed :(
hi brettactually i was not refering to this project , as a matter of fact i never saw it before (although i search the matter frequently) .But i was refering more to a complete Plane-panel-systems project....sort of a wilco 737 standard and better if possible

Guest aircos1
+1 vote for a payware quality Bae 146 including a fully functioning FMS. I've used the Aerosoft version for years, originally made for FS2002 and it's great but getting a bit long in the tooth.
The Aerosoft version originally made for fs2002 , was not really a good add-on (maybe the statement is valid if it is compared with later quality add-ons for fs2004)many systems were not simulated (some simulated wrong) . On the good side its flying characteristics are close to the real one . Btw that was a bae-146 (analog and EFIS version) Bare in mind that the AVRO RJ is essentially a different plane as far as the avionics are concerned . It has a fadec, autothrottle , different Thrust Rating Panel and an autopilot similar to the one used on the 737 with LNAV function. To say the tuth is we ask the Bae 146 and the AVRO RJ , we are basically asking 2 planes as far as the programmer is concerned so we got to make it more clear what version we actually wonna see.

Guest Tingoose
The Aerosoft version originally made for fs2002 , was not really a good add-on (maybe the statement is valid if it is compared with later quality add-ons for fs2004)many systems were not simulated (some simulated wrong) . On the good side its flying characteristics are close to the real one . Btw that was a bae-146 (analog and EFIS version) Bare in mind that the AVRO RJ is essentially a different plane as far as the avionics are concerned . It has a fadec, autothrottle , different Thrust Rating Panel and an autopilot similar to the one used on the 737 with LNAV function. To say the tuth is we ask the Bae 146 and the AVRO RJ , we are basically asking 2 planes as far as the programmer is concerned so we got to make it more clear what version we actually wonna see.
I think it was a good addon and so did many others. I appreciate that it wasn't pmdg or LDS etc acuracy or quality but I loved its flying characteristics and the panel was very nice. Agree with you that "many systems were not simulated (some simulated wrong)" . It was just a fun one to fly in the absence of any other Bae 146. I think members of the digital avaiation team were responsible for the addon and it would be nice if they did a new one to the quality of their Fokker.

Guest aircos1
I think members of the digital avaiation team were responsible for the addon and it would be nice if they did a new one to the quality of their Fokker.
Lets hope demand through this post will rise enough for the team to take notice . I expected more , a lot more ppl to give an oppinion

Guest Tingoose
Lets hope demand through this post will rise enough for the team to take notice . I expected more , a lot more ppl to give an oppinion
Yeah, so did I :(