Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonthedoors

You guys have a nack for proving me wrong, and you don't even realise.

Guest jonthedoors

Every time I hear about certain add-ons, I always get the same feeling. I always think to myself "what's the fuss about?" when it comes to the following - PMDG 747FlyTampa St MaartenLevel-D 767Digital Aviation DO-27Anything by Carenado... But funniley enough, I've tried out all of them. And I've seen what the fuss is about, first hand!-The PMDG 747 is phenomenal in every way. It feels so perfect, and looks so brilliant. I'm yet to see such attention to detail in an airliner package.-This FlyTampa scenery is just unbelievable. I didn't know it included SABA and TFFJ until I tried it out myself, and I was so impressed! The scenery looks so perfect, but there's hardly a hit on performance at all! How do they do it?- I've only had a quick go of this at a freinds house, but I want to go in for more. The panel looked brilliant and the flight dynamics were fantastic!- My personal favourite. The DO-27 is something else entirely. You really don't know the depth of this package until you try it out yourself. Engine wear, fantastic visual effects and servicing? I'll say no more.- I LOVE Carenado aircraft. They couldn't be better for my low-end system. Brilliant models and detailed textures, and barely a frame gone. Unbelievable.I've learnt to follow the hype around add-ons, and not avoid it, and anyone reading this should do the same!(although, I still don't see what's so special about the Project Fokker 70-100... it's good, but not really for me)

Every time I hear about certain add-ons, I always get the same feeling. I always think to myself "what's the fuss about?" when it comes to the following - PMDG 747FlyTampa St MaartenLevel-D 767Digital Aviation DO-27Anything by Carenado... But funniley enough, I've tried out all of them. And I've seen what the fuss is about, first hand!-The PMDG 747 is phenomenal in every way. It feels so perfect, and looks so brilliant. I'm yet to see such attention to detail in an airliner package.-This FlyTampa scenery is just unbelievable. I didn't know it included SABA and TFFJ until I tried it out myself, and I was so impressed! The scenery looks so perfect, but there's hardly a hit on performance at all! How do they do it?- I've only had a quick go of this at a freinds house, but I want to go in for more. The panel looked brilliant and the flight dynamics were fantastic!- My personal favourite. The DO-27 is something else entirely. You really don't know the depth of this package until you try it out yourself. Engine wear, fantastic visual effects and servicing? I'll say no more.- I LOVE Carenado aircraft. They couldn't be better for my low-end system. Brilliant models and detailed textures, and barely a frame gone. Unbelievable.I've learnt to follow the hype around add-ons, and not avoid it, and anyone reading this should do the same!(although, I still don't see what's so special about the Project Fokker 70-100... it's good, but not really for me)
To be fair to Project Fokker it is Freeware and i think your listed choices are all payware.So its hats off to the PF people and to all the generous people out there who give there time and effort in producing excellent freeware add ons. I personally like the old PF It has a few rough edges but then even PF admit that.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest jonthedoors
To be fair to Project Fokker it is Freeware and i think your listed choices are all payware.
To be fair, the PT TU-154, RFP 742 (which in it's defense, used to be payware) and Section8 F-8 Sabre were raved about on their freeware release, and these add-ons are absolutely fantastic.I just don't see what the fuss is about with the Project Fokker...Like I said, it's good, but it's on par with POSKY, in my opinion.

Guest jonthedoors
Could it be that it's not the Project Fokker 70-100 that everyone is raving about, but rather the Digital Aviation Fokker 70-100.I have the DA and it's close to Par to PMDG & LVLD.
No, it's the Project Fokker one, the freeware. I have no reason to doubt the Digital Aviation version is nigh on sublime, but when I look at the top downloads in the avsim library, the PF 70/100 is almost top. I just don't get why...

Yeah, I saw the RFP747 mentioned. I used it, but just didn't like the exterior model. Everytime I look at it, I just have the feeling the exterior simply is not right. The VC is also not really nice... The panels is where it's good. You won't get a more realistic representation of a 747-200, nowhere. However, that and the FDE, are the only things I see as good with the RFP747. The rest I simply don't like. It just looks wrong, though I can't say what are why.jonthedoors: it's there for several reasons:- very nice model- in depth system- and the most important: it's the ONLY freeware F70/100 that is worth something!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

could be people see the fuss,decide to try it and the fuss continues.... result....top of the downloads.I still like it though.Each to his own.cheers Andy :(

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

[could be people see the fuss,decide to try it and the fuss continues.... result....top of the downloads.I still like it though.Each to his own.cheers Andy]I quite agree with you Andy, I added the Fmulti31 panel by Roelof Kruijer, unfortunately he is no longer with us. The only problem I found with the panel was that the Autoland did most of the things it it was designed for but the throttle would cut out just before landing.