Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello,My FSX and FS9 are installed on two different dedicated computers. I mostly use FSX (on a multicore processor, i7) but occasionally I go back to FS9 (on a single-core CPU). Originally I downloaded and installed ASA on the FSX computer, then I also installed the same program (with the same activation code) on the FS9 computer.As a result, I constantly had to re-activate ASA when using it on either of the computers, if previously I used it on the other one. I can understand this for copyright reasons, but is there a way to be authorized to use ASA on FSX on one computer and the same version of ASA for FS9 on the other computer, without having to reactivate them? In the meantime I have reactivated ASA on my FS9 computer so many times that the program is now blocked, making it impossible for me to use in FS9.I hope this can be solved somehow.Thank you,best wishesLennard

Hi,Per the license agreement ASA can be installed and run in Online mode on one computer only. You can run on a second machine, but in Offline mode and then transfer the date from the Online mode machine to the Offline mode machine.Another option is to network the 2 computers and then just run one copy of ASA, which can then be shared between the two computers over the network.There is a third option, but people get angry when I suggest it, so I don't suggest it anymore.To have your license reset, please e-mail me your Order Number and I will do so, as soon as possible: jim(AT)hifisim.comThanks,

Dear Jim,Thank you for this. It seems that networking the computers is a good idea. Concerning the third option - I have no idea what you mean, but I think I could guess (whispering: buying a second license? Or quitting FS9 altogether? ;-)))I will mail you the license key.Thank you, best wishesLennard

Hi,Per the license agreement ASA can be installed and run in Online mode on one computer only. You can run on a second machine, but in Offline mode and then transfer the date from the Online mode machine to the Offline mode machine.Another option is to network the 2 computers and then just run one copy of ASA, which can then be shared between the two computers over the network.There is a third option, but people get angry when I suggest it, so I don't suggest it anymore.To have your license reset, please e-mail me your Order Number and I will do so, as soon as possible: jim(AT)hifisim.comThanks,