Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Question for the Aircraft painters out there...

What file do you guys use to add the Dynamic Shine feature in an aircraft's visual model??? I just upgraded my Captain Sim 727 to version 1.3, what I'm finding with the dynamic shine feature they added is my external textures get blurry. I have to zoom in and back out to correct this. If the feature is intalled in the aircraft's 'model.cfg' I could replace it with the older version and solve the problem untile a fix is found (if CaptianSim releases a fix that is). I hope someone can help and also tell me what other adverse effects would happen by reverting back to the older file...Thanks for any help on this issue...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest danowat

Hi,The dynamic shine feature is , I believe, incorpatated in the model file itself, the only way to get rid of it is to revert back to the old model file that had no dynamic shine, but in doing that you would also loose any other modifications captainsim have done to the model (if any, I am not to sure if they did or did'nt).Dan.

Guest Grey_Wolf

Dynamic shine is from the model its self.Reflections on the other hand come from an alpha channel in your extended bitmap texture. I use DXTBmp(I found it at flightsim.com) to edit or create any of these extended bitmap images.I hope I said something useful :)

Thanks guys...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2