Sign in to follow this  
MSW

FINALLY!

After many trys and many times giving up, I FINALLY got TP to work. :( I had tried everything suggested on this forum including having it install to default locations but FSX would never load the tiles even though they were successfully being loaded from the internet into the cache files.Thanks to a herbiegoes suggestion in one of the threads, I disabled the preloading of tiles and that did the trick. I now have photo scenery showing in FSX and it looks great.Now that I actually have it working I will now work on tweaking the settings to improve it.It would be nice if some of the things to try when you can't get it to work could be included within the Quick Guide to make it easier for others like me to resolve their problems faster.It looks like a great program and should be lots of fun.Mike

After many trys and many times giving up, I FINALLY got TP to work. :( I had tried everything suggested on this forum including having it install to default locations but FSX would never load the tiles even though they were successfully being loaded from the internet into the cache files.Thanks to a herbiegoes suggestion in one of the threads, I disabled the preloading of tiles and that did the trick. I now have photo scenery showing in FSX and it looks great.Now that I actually have it working I will now work on tweaking the settings to improve it.It would be nice if some of the things to try when you can't get it to work could be included within the Quick Guide to make it easier for others like me to resolve their problems faster.It looks like a great program and should be lots of fun.Mike
I am having this same problem. How do I disable preloading of tiles?

I am having this same problem. How do I disable preloading of tiles?
I've never heard of this problem where you need to disable the preload but I assume you open up the Proxyuser.ini file and stop tileproxy using preload by putting a # sign in front of the lines preload_min_lod=9 & preload_max_lod=15so they look like#preload_min_lod=9#preload_max_lod=15

I got my tiles to show up without using that. I just uninstalled and installed the Cache and World folders on the same drive as FSX and that seemed to work. But while in flight I am only getting about 40 to 50 tiles per sec so I am going to try some tweaking to get that number up as the scenery gets blurry real quick.If anyone has any advice on what to change to get that number up I am all ears.My setup:Dual-Core 6750 overclocked to 3.2ghz3 gigs of G.Skill DDR2 800 memory (my other one gave out sometime back)8800GT 512mb Nvidia card (not overclocked as FSX doesn't seem to like that.)3x 250Gb WD 7200rpm 16mb cache hard drives (1 for the OS, 1 for games and 1 for storage)

Guest Laatab

I have only been playing with this a day or two but I would guess that will be a new machine you will need Newbie!Seriously though, this is CPU intense. Keep that processor well cooled.RegardsWilliam