Sign in to follow this  
nillefix

747-400 crashing

Hi there,Lately I'm having problem with my PMDG 747, I have climbed to cruise altitude, everything's ok, with autopilot engaged, VNAV and LNAV. Went out for a stroll(I know, don't leave the flightdeck. :( ), or the last time, went to the bathroom, gone for 30 sec. Finds the airplane at the gate, in other words it crashed and Radar Contact telling me I'm not at my assigned altitude. This has happened lately on every 2 out of 3 flights in PMDG747. This happened after I installed the MD-11 and I came back to fly the 747(not blaming anything here!). Before I installed the MD-11 I only flew the 747 and didn't have any problem whatsoever. By the way the MD-11 works prefect!Anybody have a clue to what's going on?I'm guessing I'm encountering some serious wind change or something.....I'm using FS9, ASv 6.5, Ground Enviroment Pro, Radar Contact 4.3, TrackIR, registered FSUIPC with wind set to this:wind.jpgBest regards/

Niclas, if I understand correctly the 747 is crashing when you leave the room. The best advice I can offer is to stick around and watch what is happening. Use FSUIPC to smooth the temps and pressure too, under the Misc tab I think. Wind shifts are not normally so severe as to cause a crash (usually) but hi temps can drop you out of the sky. Keep an eye on the TAT.

Dan Downs KCRP

Niclas, if I understand correctly the 747 is crashing when you leave the room. The best advice I can offer is to stick around and watch what is happening. Use FSUIPC to smooth the temps and pressure too, under the Misc tab I think. Wind shifts are not normally so severe as to cause a crash (usually) but hi temps can drop you out of the sky. Keep an eye on the TAT.
Hi Dan,Temps I haven't thought of, sometimes I have noticed that the aircrafts "drops" som 500-1000 feet all of a sudden, does this have to do with temps and pressure changing rapidly too?I set the pressure smoothing to 1 mb per 10 seconds, that would be ok, right? I found nothing about temp smoothing on any of the tabs.

A sudden alt change is probably a pressure shift, but these are not as catastrophic as a temperature increase where the engines just quit thrusting (hi temp = lo density). FSUIPC for FSX has temp smoothing right next to the pressure smoothing option... I'm not as familiar with FS9 anymore. Regardless, keep and eye on here for indications of a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

A sudden alt change is probably a pressure shift, but these are not as catastrophic as a temperature increase where the engines just quit thrusting (hi temp = lo density). FSUIPC for FSX has temp smoothing right next to the pressure smoothing option... I'm not as familiar with FS9 anymore. Regardless, keep and eye on here for indications of a problem.
Ok, thanks, will check the temp thing, weird though, flew the exact same route with the MD-11 with no problem at all(took off 40 minutes after I crashed, so basically the same weather.