Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

Fs2002.cfg file

I accidently deleted my Fs2002.cgf file. I know it will re-create one but now FS is not reading any of the scenery files. I get a scenery.cfg error when I start the sim. It says local scenery area (scenedb/world/Scenery in area.001 not found. It goes through every area and says not found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like you accidently deleted your scenery.cfg as well.

Sounds like you deleted more than your FS2002.cfg file.... Can you find the folders mentioned in the scenery.cfg errors? Any files in them? That's the first place to start....-John

This may be a silly question, but how do you "accidently" delete these files???!!! If you deleted it, just go to the recycle bin and restore it, works for me.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

That's a great plan as long as the recycle bin wasn't emptied in the meantime. If so he may have to do a total re-install and if he has a lot of add-ons, then it can be a real pain getting things back to where they once were.Regards,Van

Dude, it looks like you accidentally deleted everything! A simple fs2002.cfg file being missing won't cause that. All scenery is defined in scenery.cfg and if the sim can't find the fs2002scenedbworld folder, then your troubles are only starting! That folder is part of any basic FS2002 installation and without it you aren't going to see much of anything. It might call for a reinstall.