Sign in to follow this  
michal

Who has taken the Leap.......

Hey there,Just curious about this one.I was lurking on www.amazon.com and found that they are taking pre-orders for FS2004 ($51 w/free shipping). So I went for it. It says release is July 29th, but we all know about release dates!! :)Anyone else here already taken the opportunity to pre-order FS2004, or are you gonna wait it out?For me the small amount of changes I have seen, weather, ATC and others make it a rather nice deal. I usually don't jump ahead and pre-order anything, but something tells me this one is worth it.

http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssigsmall.jpg "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

I've never pre-ordered anything. But I think it depends on how badly you want the program (any program). If you want it yesterday, never pre-order from anyone. It is far too rare for pre-orders to arrive at the same time as a store release, and even more rare for them to arrive before a store release. If you just know you want it (again any program) whenever it comes out and don't want to play the reserve it a local store or rush down to get it on release day. And further still if you can avoid the usual "I've got it and it's great (and you don't have it yet)" posts, you'll do okay. *grin*

Only problem though, where I live I will get it faster from amazon than any store down here ever will.So pre-ordering is a good idea for me. I don't have the luxury of walking down to Walmart, EB, Gamestop or any type of software store, as there is none of those down here. Plus there is no price control here so I might even pay double or more for it. That ain't good!!It's good for some and not for others.

http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssigsmall.jpg "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

That's easy enough to fix. Move somewhere more uptight and with crappy weather and you'll get stores within walking distance. *grin*

I will order or preorder from Avsim. I think this is the least I can do for them to pay back for all these resources they provide to us. It may cost me $5 more but I know that profits remain within the family so to speak. ;-)Michael J.