Sign in to follow this  
Guest BXS1009

PMDG 747 X win7 problem

Win7 64 works well with FSX and the PMDG 747x and MD11x. However, there is one area where I feel WIN XP is clearly superior to WIN7 and that is sound. MD11 sounds are almost monoural on Win7 (onboard sound or XFi Xtreme Gamer), where as the MD11 sounds are almost IMAX like on XP (with the Xtreme Gamer). As far as Win7 64 vs XP32 FSX performance is concerned; with Nicks' Tweaks, XP 32 with 4 gigs of ram is just as good as Win7 64 equipted with the same hardware config. My specs:e8400@3.68800gts 6404 gigs ram

Win7 64 works well with FSX and the PMDG 747x and MD11x. However, there is one area where I feel WIN XP is clearly superior to WIN7 and that is sound. MD11 sounds are almost monoural on Win7 (onboard sound or XFi Xtreme Gamer), where as the MD11 sounds are almost IMAX like on XP (with the Xtreme Gamer). As far as Win7 64 vs XP32 FSX performance is concerned; with Nicks' Tweaks, XP 32 with 4 gigs of ram is just as good as Win7 64 equipted with the same hardware config. My specs:e8400@3.68800gts 6404 gigs ram
Hi FunknNastyI have been running the MD11 FSX and 747 FSX under Vista Ultimate SP2 and SP3 with great success and no issues. I then installed Windows 7 RC 64 bit on a formatted drive. I now have a dual boot system with Vista Ultimate or Windows 7.I have installed FSX Accelleration under Windows 7 with no issues and I am actually very impressed with the performance. So my next step was to install the MD11 for FSX with all the necessary permissions and compatibility option set to Windows XP SP2. The MD11 installed with no problems and authentication was good. On opening FSX and selecting the MD11 I got 3 dll modules that I had to give permission for and the MD11 then loaded. I immediately noticed no addon box on the menu bar and therefore no PMDG option. The model with all textures loaded well but I am unable to select any switches or popups etc..etc..I then tried to open the MD11 Load Manager but with no success. It then showed me the following mesage: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" I immediately suspected the administrator permissions as well as folder permissions, uninstalled the MD11, re-installed it with all permissions but no success. I then uninstalled Microsoft C++ 2008 X64, downloaded a fresh copy from the Microsoft site and installed that with no problems but the problem with the MD11 persisted. Maybe I am overlooking something here and would like some assistance if you don't mind.You can contact me on my e-mail jviljoen@btcape.co.za or reply to this post here because I think I might not be the only one with this problem.Thanx in advance :( Johan Viljoen

You might verify this, but the Vista64 has two C++ runtimes and I assume W7 would require the same two.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,IIRC, Vista 64-bit takes both 32- and 64-bit versions of the runtimes for 32- and 64-bit apps that might use them (they must be bit-matched - 32-bit apps can't load 64-bit DLLs and vice-versa).Windows 7 isn't radically different from Vista, and in fact, closer to XP than you might think. I'm currently running XP graphics drivers on Win 7. FSX runs blisteringly quick (120 FPS at Heathrow on the ground in the default Cessna - and this is on the 7100 Build!!).Best regards,Robin.