Sign in to follow this  
katan

RC5 Just A Suggestion!

Not sure if this has been already mentionned here and/or implemented in previous versions of RC (maybe a mapping key), I suggest after all the whistles and gongs have been added to the new version, to have a selectable option for the interface to connect to FS automaticaly once the sim has started. This for those of us or all of us who since it's mostly recommended to start RC after every other program if you miss to press (on current version) the start button and go into full screen mode, you'll have to come out of that (full screen) first in order to connect and start RC in FS. Already good that the interface minimises itself once connected.Again, inside FS about the dialog window I would like to suggest in the light of keeping the flightsim cockpit window uncluttered to make a selectable option to have the RC dialog window to close automaticaly after around 180 seconds (or as appropriate) like the mouse cursor disappears since we don't need the ATC dialog window to stay opened all the time with the only option having to close it manually. The dialog window already comes up automaticaly anyway on each contact/reply! And there is also the (~) to open it at any time as required. So, for those advisories only from ATC for instance (contact/no-reply) the dialog stays out of sight.Thank youKatan

When FS starts after loading a flight it is often in an unstable environment condition. It takes a while for weather writes to complete and AI to settle down. For those of us who use complex aircraft with FMCs it takes a while to set those up.My method is to load a saved flight in a cold and dark situation, start Active Sky loading the weather and then issuing a refresh to start weather writes to FS and after they finish issue an AI Refresh to force FS to update weather immediately and restart AI with the correct weather in place.After this I program the FMC for the proper weather inflence and set up navigation and other aircraft procedures prior to start. Only then do I use the RC start button get ATIS (or FSS weather), and finish any systems (FMC) programming to insure performance parameters are correct.

When FS starts after loading a flight it is often in an unstable environment condition. It takes a while for weather writes to complete and AI to settle down. For those of us who use complex aircraft with FMCs it takes a while to set those up.My method is to load a saved flight in a cold and dark situation, start Active Sky loading the weather and then issuing a refresh to start weather writes to FS and after they finish issue an AI Refresh to force FS to update weather immediately and restart AI with the correct weather in place.After this I program the FMC for the proper weather inflence and set up navigation and other aircraft procedures prior to start. Only then do I use the RC start button get ATIS (or FSS weather), and finish any systems (FMC) programming to insure performance parameters are correct.
Very interesting , Ron, and thanks for the suggestions. Forgive my ignorance, but how do you"issue an AI Refresh" and "restart AI"? Otherwise, your procedure is similar to the one I use to get going. Thanks.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Active Sky 6.5 and perhaps ASA have a two buttons marked refresh. Refresh just starts weather writes at your discretion. The other button is marked AI Refresh which clears AI and then enables it. AS 6.5 uses FSUIPC to do this. Supposedly AS65 had an option to automatically refesh AI on the completion of FS weather writes but I find I need to do it manually possibly because of the FS delay in implementing the weather after AS send the data to the FS weather engine. I confirmed this by checking ATIS before and after the manual Refesh AI was used.I have a fully registered FSUIPC for FS9. There is an advanced function in there called Toggle AI that can be assigned to a key combo. If you do not have AS you can try this as instructed in the regular or advanced User Guides with the FSUIPC download. I do not know if this feature is available with the included limited registration features enabled by RC. I use CTRL-T (T for Traffic) to clear AI and then again to renable it.

Very interesting , Ron, and thanks for the suggestions. Forgive my ignorance, but how do you"issue an AI Refresh" and "restart AI"? Otherwise, your procedure is similar to the one I use to get going. Thanks.

Thanks for the guidance, Ron. I have Ultimate Traffic 2 installed, which does have both a key combination and a drop down menu item to clear and restart AI traffic...I'll give that a test. I also have a registered copy of FSUIPC 4.5 and will explore the option you mention via that route.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png