Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Lighting effects fx_2.bmp

I've worked out roughly which effects texture bmp applies to aircraft/scenery lighting but not absolutely sure. Does someone know exactly which part of fx_2.bmp refers to which effect? I know the top left is aircraft landing lights and top right appears to be fireworks.More specifically I am constantly annoyed by the blue taxi lights in FSX. I've managed to get all other runway lighting looking very crisp and not overbright using tweaks in FSX.cfg but the blue taxiway lights always have a hideous fuzziness about them and they are too large compared with other runway lights. If I could find what fx effects file is triggering them (if any) or edit the bmp to get rid of the fuzziness that would improve them no end.Grateful for any insight. Thanks.Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest robystar
I've worked out roughly which effects texture bmp applies to aircraft/scenery lighting but not absolutely sure. Does someone know exactly which part of fx_2.bmp refers to which effect? I know the top left is aircraft landing lights and top right appears to be fireworks.More specifically I am constantly annoyed by the blue taxi lights in FSX. I've managed to get all other runway lighting looking very crisp and not overbright using tweaks in FSX.cfg but the blue taxiway lights always have a hideous fuzziness about them and they are too large compared with other runway lights. If I could find what fx effects file is triggering them (if any) or edit the bmp to get rid of the fuzziness that would improve them no end.Grateful for any insight. Thanks.Rob Young
In my fsx effects folder I have a fx_taxilight.fx. I guess that is a default one. The texture that comes with it, as indicated in the fx file, is fx2.bmp.Which part of the bmp is used is for a particular effect is indicated by the uv1 and uv2 entries and depends of course on the effect you want to obtain. So there is no real answer to your question what part of a specific texture goes with what effect. It is defined in the effect file itself.But all this you can also find in the SDK, I believe.